If no-one else is going to say it

Status
Not open for further replies.
You can keep saying that all you like, doesn't make it true.

Once again, before he was appointed:

http://www.grandoldteam.com/news/fans-view/2013/may/11/no-excuses-kenwright-get-the-right-man

And why shouldn't people type with emotion on here? Do you want people to just constantly type factual, safe stuff like "Seamus Coleman is a right back"?

And what harm can it do anyway? There's nothing embarrassing about being right or wrong on a discussion forum on the internet. It's what this place exists for. If you want GOT to be a world were people are scared to death to type an opinion in case some smart arse comes along six months down the line and gives them grief for it, then that's your prerogative, but I personally like hearing peoples views on whether the midfield was set out right, or whether the manager is tactically inept, or whether they're concerned about the upcoming transfer market or if £10m is too much for Player X. It's what makes this place what it is. I've been right and wrong about a load of stuff, and I will be again - I don't know any of you people, I don't have a "reputation" one way or the other.

And there's nothing wrong with arguing or debate either. Conversation, again, makes this place what it is. For example, someone the other day typed how Moyes had United challenging for Europe so that's good. I dismissed it at first, then realised I was out of order and responded properly to guy, and in the end it made sense what he was saying. Hyperbole is part of getting across a point, a natural thing.

Perhaps looking into it too much (or no perhaps about it, I definitely am) but it's something that's bothered me for a while. I think, as long as someone isn't saying insane things like US athletes with physical power would make Messi look stupid if they decided to kick a ball, then there shouldn't be an inquisition on past posts when people are just offering an opinion as a Blue. If you disagree, debate them, or ignore them, but taking the mick is the wrong third option in my view.

As I said mate, no remorse for virtually spamming the forum with hyperbole and criticising others who tried to give you a sane debate about why you were wrong. Fair enough like, your call.

Its fine to be wrong - I have been more than most - but then usually a piping down makes you think twice before you go all out next time on utter drivel. You learn from it as a child does.

If you continue to keep posting wrong stuff and arguing with others then you just look a bit of a tit and no one takes your opinion seriously when you post more stuff so there's good incentive to remain balanced and reasoned when posting.

Those with a moderate opinion shouldn't be pushed off here, if lids want to post utter tripe then there's plenty of #BANTER sites for that type of thing.

Just my two pence.

think I may have threw ole gunnar solsjzkar's name in the hat even though I really really wanted Vitor (still do)

no one wanted lennon though thank fk

As I said mate, no remorse for virtually spamming the forum with hyperbole and criticising others who tried to give you a sane debate about why you were wrong. Fair enough like, your call.

Its fine to be wrong - I have been more than most - but then usually a piping down makes you think twice before you go all out next time on utter drivel. You learn from it as a child does.

If you continue to keep posting wrong stuff and arguing with others then you just look a bit of a tit and no one takes your opinion seriously when you post more stuff so there's good incentive to remain balanced and reasoned when posting.

Those with a moderate opinion shouldn't be pushed off here, if lids want to post utter tripe then there's plenty of #BANTER sites for that type of thing.

Just my two pence.

Time spent typing that would have been better served DANCING FOR MY AMUSEMENT

Now dance you delightful rogue. DANCE I SAY!

think I may have threw ole gunnar solsjzkar's name in the hat even though I really really wanted Vitor (still do)

no one wanted lennon though thank fk

Victor with Ralf as DoF first choice for me:blush: although I did post that a good think about getting Martinez would be that he would sign McCarthy.

Time spent typing that would have been better served DANCING FOR MY AMUSEMENT

Now dance you delightful rogue. DANCE I SAY!

Would an animated gif of these do the trick ?

InfoTubey_175.gif
moai-easter-island-statue.jpg

I've cut down massively on criticising other people, but it wasn't as a result of being "vaulted". It's through being wrong. Definitely guilty of it in the past but honestly think you're being massively harsh there, and I've apologised to pretty much anyone and everyone when I did do it. Names off the top of my head.. Bryan, Brennan, RBJ... I think I apologised to Ilikecheese the other day by rep but can't remember if I sent it, if so, him. But three of those are from around two years ago.

I type lengthy posts but that's just the way I am. If I was spamming, I'm sure the mods would pull me up on it and I'd reign it in, but otherwise... as I say, that's just the way I am.

The rest of your post, agree in a way with the aim, but not with the way of doing it. Sounds like appointing yourself as the forum police and treating people like children, in that you're trying to tell people what the moderate view is rather than let it happen organically. If someone posts a disagreeable view, then the moderate majority will debate them on it and the moderate viewpoint is the stronger one anyway - which, for example, happened in this very thread. It didn't need a nearly year old bump to reinforce that view, it had already been discussed.

I just think that if you think a view is extreme, you can let them know at the time, and if they're posting anything else that is extreme, you can let them know your counter opinion then too. And if they're being out of line or openly antagonistic, then there's a mod team that handles that regularly on here.

I've cut down massively on criticising other people, but it wasn't as a result of being "vaulted". It's through being wrong. Definitely guilty of it in the past but honestly think you're being massively harsh there, and I've apologised to pretty much anyone and everyone when I did do it. Names off the top of my head.. Bryan, Brennan, RBJ... I think I apologised to Ilikecheese the other day by rep but can't remember if I sent it, if so, him. But three of those are from around two years ago.

I type lengthy posts but that's just the way I am. If I was spamming, I'm sure the mods would pull me up on it and I'd reign it in, but otherwise... as I say, that's just the way I am.

The rest of your post, agree in a way with the aim, but not with the way of doing it. Sounds like appointing yourself as the forum police and treating people like children, in that you're trying to tell people what the moderate view is rather than let it happen organically. If someone posts a disagreeable view, then the moderate majority will debate them on it and the moderate viewpoint is the stronger one anyway - which, for example, happened in this very thread. It didn't need a nearly year old bump to reinforce that view, it had already been discussed.

I just think that if you think a view is extreme, you can let them know at the time, and if they're posting anything else that is extreme, you can let them know your counter opinion then too. And if they're being out of line or openly antagonistic, then there's a mod team that handles that regularly on here.

I think once you condense the many words you typed there that there still is no remorse, which is a bit disappointing.

I linked a few of your posts yesterday to highlight that perhaps next time it would be a good thing to think before you type - the forum would certainly benefit from it I feel.

I'm pleased at least to see that a bit of vaulting is causing some time for perhaps a bit of self review? Good, again the forum will benefit from it and hopefully attract more similar minded blues instead of putting them off when they read utter tosh condemning a manager before he's even given a chance with us.

I think once you condense the many words you typed there that there still is no remorse, which is a bit disappointing.

I linked a few of your posts yesterday to highlight that perhaps next time it would be a good thing to think before you type - the forum would certainly benefit from it I feel.

I'm pleased at least to see that a bit of vaulting is causing some time for perhaps a bit of self review? Good, again the forum will benefit from it and hopefully attract more similar minded blues instead of putting them off when they read utter tosh condemning a manager before he's even given a chance with us.

Bit self-righteous, no? I mean, I know you're a cheeky lad and you have a way with words, but ultimately what you've just typed is every bit as smug as what you claim me to be.

A few words you've said to me over the years - "you're not a mod mate". It's not up to you to tell anyone what to do on here. Maybe you should reflect on that before becoming the fake forum police and trawling through posts for hours to chastise peoples opinions, especially when you offer none of your own in return.

As I've said, I like you, but I don't like this side of you. I think it's unnecessary.

Bit self-righteous, no? I mean, I know you're a cheeky lad and you have a way with words, but ultimately what you've just typed is every bit as smug as what you claim me to be.

A few words you've said to me over the years - "you're not a mod mate". It's not up to you to tell anyone what to do on here. Maybe you should reflect on that before becoming the fake forum police and trawling through posts for hours to chastise peoples opinions, especially when you offer none of your own in return.

As I've said, I like you, but I don't like this side of you. I think it's unnecessary.

Why are you so upset about being wrong on the internet mate?

Status
Not open for further replies.