If no-one else is going to say it

Status
Not open for further replies.
It was justified concern for me that, thankfully, never played out. It's easy looking back now and saying it was nonsense, but at that moment in time we were worryingly static and looked confused. But it was a period of transition and, thankfully, a very small one.

It was after 3 games ffs

Bit like this new thread he's created saying McGeady is a poor signing after he's started only 3 games

I'd say attacking a style of play a new manager is trying to implement, after 3 games (especially seeing as we had 11 years previous of a different way of thinking,) is defo worth vaulting.

He wasn't attacking what was trying to be implemented, he was attacking the current implementation of it at the time, which was spot on.

At this rate we'll be the best passers in the league over 6 yards....and no 7th place trophy.

If it doesn't evolve then yes it is pointless but hopefully we'll see an improvement over the coming weeks.

There are acknowledgement in the OP and in other responses that it was slightly worrying what we were seeing at that time, but there's not really anyone screaming "Martinez Out" here. It's just a bit OTT - if that's what counts as vaultworthy these days then people will be bumping every second thread from over the years.

It was after 3 games ffs

Bit like this new thread he's created saying McGeady is a poor signing after he's started only 3 games

Well, that is crazy, especially considering he's been good!

But think this one instance in this thread isn't. Overly passionate, premature, yes, but I can see where it was coming from.

In fairness to them as dissed it back in August, the style of play has really evolved since then and we move up the gears really quickly now.

He wasn't attacking what was trying to be implemented, he was attacking the current implementation of it at the time, which was spot on.

There are acknowledgement in the OP and in other responses that it was slightly worrying what we were seeing at that time, but there's not really anyone screaming "Martinez Out" here. It's just a bit OTT - if that's what counts as vaultworthy these days then people will be bumping every second thread from over the years.

I'm ignoring the second quote, because I was talking about the op. So, "At this rate"... What frigging rate? I'll repeat again; we were 3 games into a reign after 11 years of a totally different mindset and style.

I'm ignoring the second quote, because I was talking about the op. So, "At this rate"... What frigging rate? I'll repeat again; we were 3 games into a reign after 11 years of a totally different mindset and style.

So as I said, he was premature. Oh well. It happens. I'm sure he's as happy as anyone that the transition moved as quick as it did, but he wasn't the only one at the time looking at the football we were playing and wondering a bit where it was going to lead.

So as I said, he was premature. Oh well. It happens. I'm sure he's as happy as anyone that the transition moved as quick as it did, but he wasn't the only one at the time looking at the football we were playing and wondering a bit where it was going to lead.

I thought the reason for the 3 draws was more lack of a decent striker (ala Spurs and Chelsea away) rather than the way we played or failure to play it well?

We could easily have taken 3 points from all 3 games, and the fact we didn't wasn't down to how we played was it?

Them 3 points could prove very valuable come May and who knows where we would have been if we had lost them. New manager, new system, new way of playing. I admit I for one was not convinced about Bobby and thought we would struggle this year. How happy I am to be proved wrong..

People fear the unknown and this thread is a reflection of people's football education.
My fear is that a lot of fans will turn against Martinez brand of football if we start losing games.

To be fair, in regards to style of play at the time, this thread was spot on. We were clearly adjusting frantically to what Martinez actually wanted to do in retrospect, but at the time it was a bunch of lost sheep with five yard passes to one another not knowing how to relate the style to an attacking thrust.

Zatara did say "at this rate" - sure, it's a bit OTT but nothing worth vaulting here.

You're only sweating as you were all over Martinez trying to stick the knife in too LOL!

Status
Not open for further replies.