If no-one else is going to say it

Status
Not open for further replies.
At least once this season, please...to see Lukaku run on to a boss through ball and rip one in the net from the top of the box at the GSE. Running so fast he can't stop and takes the whole goal down with him, tangled up in the net like a trapped panther.

yesss!!! then we can change our name to the GSE Panthers, and when we score instead of Bob doing his "one finger up ya Ma" thing that he does he can do a Olympics 1968 Black Panther style salute, while all the crowd goes berserk doing a panther mauling gesture while singing "you're getting mauled by the panthers" coz no one's ever done anything like this !!!

GSE ! GSE ! GSE ! GGGGGGGGRRRRRRRRRRR

yesss!!! then we can change our name to the GSE Panthers, and when we score instead of Bob doing his "one finger up ya Ma" thing that he does he can do a Olympics 1968 Black Panther style salute, while all the crowd goes berserk doing a panther mauling gesture while singing "you're getting mauled by the panthers" coz no one's ever done anything like this !!!

GSE ! GSE ! GSE ! GGGGGGGGRRRRRRRRRRR

Preach it!

black_panther_poster4.jpg

530am here so I'll take a little bite off this;

How have heitinga/alcaraz/kone/osman evolved since I posted?

(Yes I know im ignoring the 'boss togger in general)....

hahaha neg repped on a thread made months ago (of which I was partially correct as well)....

Where do people find the time? hahaha

Funny though how you weren't prepared to give the team time to settle down. Zat what are your thoughts on the style of play now. I thinks it's joyous to watch.

Funny though how you weren't prepared to give the team time to settle down. Zat what are your thoughts on the style of play now. I thinks it's joyous to watch.

Excellent but sadly the centre backs arent the best combo for passing out from defence and the attackers do come across as a bit selfish and wasteful.

The only thing partially correct about your OP was the date.

A-- Wrong about teams parking the bus meaning we cant score ? Evidenced last game.

B-- Osman was pretty much dead on

C--Kone been injured but never got in the side

D-- Alcaraz and heitinga meaning centre back overload...

All wrong eh dave?!

A-- Wrong about teams parking the bus meaning we cant score ? Evidenced last game.

B-- Osman was pretty much dead on

C--Kone been injured but never got in the side

D-- Alcaraz and heitinga meaning centre back overload...

All wrong eh dave?!

You were wrong on the most important issue: jumping the gun and giving an appraisal of 'the tiki taka nonsense' after 4 games of a new manager's reign when you had no clue as to how it'd all unfold.

As to your points above:

- teams parking the bus haven't prevented us scoring. We have roughly the same level of scoring as last season right now (and a better GD to boot).

- no, you weren't right about Osman because he wasn't to be the playmaker for this team, Barkley was...something you'd have realised if you'd held your water longer than ten minutes into a new season.

- Kone has not been proven to be anything yet, let alone a donkey. Again WRONG.

- Alcarez being a waste of money - well, we'll answer that at the season's end I suppose (I know patience isn't a virtue of yours like).

...as I say though, you did get the date right in your OP. Congratulations on that at least.

You were wrong on the most important issue: jumping the gun and giving an appraisal of 'the tiki taka nonsense' after 4 games of a new manager's reign when you had no clue as to how it'd all unfold.

As to your points above:

- teams parking the bus haven't prevented us scoring. We have roughly the same level of scoring as last season right now (and a better GD to boot).

- no, you weren't right about Osman because he wasn't to be the playmaker for this team, Barkley was...something you'd have realised if you'd held your water longer than ten minutes into a new season.

- Kone has not been proven to be anything yet, let alone a donkey. Again WRONG.

- Alcarez being a waste of money - well, we'll answer that at the season's end I suppose (I know patience isn't a virtue of yours like).

...as I say though, you did get the date right in your OP. Congratulations on that at least.

Honestly Dave you're posts really are going downhill.....not even amusing anymore or ironic (although the match thread makes for comedy gold).

To be fair, in regards to style of play at the time, this thread was spot on. We were clearly adjusting frantically to what Martinez actually wanted to do in retrospect, but at the time it was a bunch of lost sheep with five yard passes to one another not knowing how to relate the style to an attacking thrust.

Zatara did say "at this rate" - sure, it's a bit OTT but nothing worth vaulting here.

To be fair, in regards to style of play at the time, this thread was spot on. We were clearly adjusting frantically to what Martinez actually wanted to do in retrospect, but at the time it was a bunch of lost sheep with five yard passes to one another not knowing how to relate the style to an attacking thrust.

Zatara did say "at this rate" - sure, it's a bit OTT but nothing worth vaulting here.

Its another load of knee jerk bull shine

I'd say attacking a style of play a new manager is trying to implement, after 3 games (especially seeing as we had 11 years previous of a different way of thinking,) is defo worth vaulting.

Its another load of knee jerk bull shine

It was justified concern for me that, thankfully, never played out. It's easy looking back now and saying it was nonsense, but at that moment in time we were worryingly static and looked confused. But it was a period of transition and, thankfully, a very small one.

Status
Not open for further replies.