If no-one else is going to say it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zatara

Player Valuation: £90m
This Tiki - Taka nonsense is ridiculous.

I'm lost as to how keeping the ball with a deep midfield and short passing is going to win football matches? If the striker is totally isolated then you may as well just stick an 8ft giant up front and lump it up to him...little short passes gets you nowhere.

ANY inferior side to us can simply stick men behind the ball and wait for 'Zidane' (Osman) to pick their defence apart, in reality it isn't going to happen when they can defend in numbers.

The comments I made previously about these new signings (other than the loan which I wasn't negative about) are now making a bit more sense, Kone is a total donkey and NEVER a first choice striker....if he was and bearing In mind Martinez signed him, then why isn't he starting in front of or alongside jelavic ? TOTAL waste of money, Alcaraz signing on fee and wages are worthless for an injury prone player who, if Heitinga stays means were wasting money on one of them....

We are literally Liverpool without Suarez, I was critical of his signings but I assumed Martinez would initiate some of the attacking play we had under Moyes at times.

At this rate we'll be the best passers in the league over 6 yards....and no 7th place trophy.

I'm lost as to how keeping the ball with a deep midfield and short passing is going to win football matches? If the striker is totally isolated then you may as well just stick an 8ft giant up front and lump it up to him...little short passes gets you nowhere.

That is so, so spot on.

If it doesn't evolve then yes it is pointless but hopefully we'll see an improvement over the coming weeks.

I have my doubts about whether the team is capable of playing the football Martinez wants whilst achieving good results. Hallmark of his Wigan reign was to dominate games and not turn it into points.

If it doesn't evolve then yes it is pointless but hopefully we'll see an improvement over the coming weeks.

I have my doubts about whether the team is capable of playing the football Martinez wants whilst achieving good results. Hallmark of his Wigan reign was to dominate games and not turn it into points.

HUGE gap between midfield and attack....all very well passing it a few yards but then how about creating chances ?

Status
Not open for further replies.