If no-one else is going to say it

Status
Not open for further replies.
You're only sweating as you were all over Martinez trying to stick the knife in too LOL!

Nope.

Nothing against Mackay and Martinez really (I actually like both managers), but it was maddening to see the bookies automatically look down the leagues to inferior teams rather than consider the continent and beyond for managers who are looking to test their mettle in the Premier League.

http://www.grandoldteam.com/news/fans-view/2013/may/11/no-excuses-kenwright-get-the-right-man

I was sceptical about the choice of manager as I felt he was an easy choice, and whilst he wasn't my first choice he was on the list. It was, on face value, uninspiring, but I'm delighted to see he was the perfect appointment, as any Evertonian is. I'll be the first to admit I found it funny when the RS were linked to him as he had no credentials whatsoever, but thankfully that didn't come to fruition.

I believe there's a thread here where only approximately 19% wanted Martinez before he arrived, so for anyone to criticise people for being worried about the early days of appointment - especially when certain said people offered no opinion whatsoever on the managerial choice and are perennial fence sitters - seems a bit rich to me.

Sorry Tubes, you messed up massively over Martinez to the point where your football opinion has been damaged irreparably. Too many lids were shouting down others over wanting him when they should have been giving him a chance. If the club listened to the fans - like this Pereira petition LOL - then we would have been in trouble.

We can't let this go until those involved learn their lessons. You're still in denial clearly.

Sorry Tubes, you messed up massively over Martinez to the point where your football opinion has been damaged irreparably. Too many lids were shouting down others over wanting him when they should have been giving him a chance. If the club listened to the fans - like this Pereira petition LOL - then we would have been in trouble.

We can't let this go until those involved learn their lessons. You're still in denial clearly.

Go on mate, have an opinion on something to do with football. There's a first for everything ;)

Read one of them massive previews I do most weeks, loads in there.

I just try to not spout off on stuff that's liable to make me look silly because I'll ill informed.

They are entertaining stereotypes and loose assertions in the form of a parody. They're brilliant mind you, love reading them!

There's nothing wrong with offering a "gut instinct" opinion - you might be right, you might be utterly wrong, but that's the way it works. It's in the moment and doesn't necessarily mean you'll believe that opinion for life. And that is seemingly what you don't understand about an opinion - there are multiple types; carefully assessed over a period of time, a snap judgement, a gut feeling etc.

Laughing at people for doing so when you never do is just strange and, well, "ill informed" about the hows and whys people type their feelings on a subject matter. On a football discussion forum. Which is exactly what this forum exists for.

They are entertaining stereotypes and loose assertions in the form of a parody. They're brilliant mind you, love reading them!

There's nothing wrong with offering a "gut instinct" opinion - you might be right, you might be utterly wrong, but that's the way it works. It's in the moment and doesn't necessarily mean you'll believe that opinion for life. And that is seemingly what you don't understand about an opinion - there are multiple types; carefully assessed over a period of time, a snap judgement, a gut feeling etc.

Laughing at people for doing so when you never do is just strange and, well, "ill informed" about the hows and whys people type their feelings on a subject matter. On a football discussion forum. Which is exactly what this forum exists for.

I've laughed at no one mate. I've just urged people to be a bit more hesitant in posting utter tosh and in particular arguing with others to death over their hyperbole, which ends up dead wrong.

There's lessons all of us can take from this. How can I trust anyone who was dead set against Martinez when it comes to other football opinions?

I've laughed at no one mate. I've just urged people to be a bit more hesitant in posting utter tosh and in particular arguing with others to death over their hyperbole, which ends up dead wrong.

There's lessons all of us can take from this. How can I trust anyone who was dead set against Martinez when it comes to other football opinions?

You can keep saying that all you like, doesn't make it true.

Once again, before he was appointed:

Nothing against Mackay and Martinez really (I actually like both managers), but it was maddening to see the bookies automatically look down the leagues to inferior teams rather than consider the continent and beyond for managers who are looking to test their mettle in the Premier League.

http://www.grandoldteam.com/news/fans-view/2013/may/11/no-excuses-kenwright-get-the-right-man

And why shouldn't people type with emotion on here? Do you want people to just constantly type factual, safe stuff like "Seamus Coleman is a right back"?

And what harm can it do anyway? There's nothing embarrassing about being right or wrong on a discussion forum on the internet. It's what this place exists for. If you want GOT to be a world were people are scared to death to type an opinion in case some smart arse comes along six months down the line and gives them grief for it, then that's your prerogative, but I personally like hearing peoples views on whether the midfield was set out right, or whether the manager is tactically inept, or whether they're concerned about the upcoming transfer market or if £10m is too much for Player X. It's what makes this place what it is. I've been right and wrong about a load of stuff, and I will be again - I don't know any of you people, I don't have a "reputation" one way or the other.

And there's nothing wrong with arguing or debate either. Conversation, again, makes this place what it is. For example, someone the other day typed how Moyes had United challenging for Europe so that's good. I dismissed it at first, then realised I was out of order and responded properly to guy, and in the end it made sense what he was saying. Hyperbole is part of getting across a point, a natural thing.

Perhaps looking into it too much (or no perhaps about it, I definitely am) but it's something that's bothered me for a while. I think, as long as someone isn't saying insane things like US athletes with physical power would make Messi look stupid if they decided to kick a ball, then there shouldn't be an inquisition on past posts when people are just offering an opinion as a Blue. If you disagree, debate them, or ignore them, but taking the mick is the wrong third option in my view.

I remember bemoaning quite heavily after the League Cup game with Stevenage

In the heat of the moment we can all say daft stuff

Now @chicoazul and @Tubey , shake hands, make nice and then dance for me in an arousing fashion

Definitely. Everton is a passion for a lot of us, and as such we get passionate about it, both positively and negatively. Name of the game for me.

Oh, and I like chico - one of the best posters on here, no need to shake hands as I have no problem with him whatsoever!

Status
Not open for further replies.