If Alcaraz gets injured...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Browning.

Hopefully Jags will be back for City, but if not, I think the correct answer is Browning. Seems very highly rated by the club. We shouldn't fear untested youth.

I'm excited to see Browning now he's been all bigged up around the club. Would be disappointing to see us shoehorn Barry or Hibbert into that role.

I think Barry moves to CB if there is an injury, not that I think it's that great of a plan.

still surprised that Duffy wasn't recalled as he's the only one playing regularly (even if it is championship level) throwing hibbert or browning in or on for their first real action of the season is an unnecessary risk IMO

Chuck Browning in - if he's good enough, experience doesn't matter. Look at Stones, couple of months in the 1st team and he's being touted for Brazil already. If Martinez rates him, I'm happy for him to play.

Off-topic, but it's odd to have so many players out and the manager barely mentioning it: Jags, Distin, Oviedo, Pienaar, Gibson, Kone, Traore, Mirallas - all would likely be in the first team squad if fit, yet we'll still be going into the Southampton game knowing that we're capable of winning.

On topic, if his muscles fall asleep again we'll be relegated.

If he gets injured again we curse our bad luck at having 3 injured centre backs. And then we put Barry there, or Barkley or McCarthy, I don't really care. Basically anyone we put there will be crap because they're not really centre backs, but will probably be good enough to keep South Hampton from scoring

If he gets injured again we curse our bad luck at having 3 injured centre backs. And then we put Barry there, or Barkley or McCarthy, I don't really care. Basically anyone we put there will be crap because they're not really centre backs, but will probably be good enough to keep South Hampton from scoring

Who are they?

Status
Not open for further replies.