If Alcaraz gets injured...

Status
Not open for further replies.

billycopper

Player Valuation: £40m
I'd have thought that maybe Roberto would have recalled Duffy from his loan to offer cover at centreback. Going off his press conference though, it sounds like he'd be quite happy to give Browning an opportunity. It would be very brave. I think I'd be tempted to play Hibbert or Barry there myself and play a youngster in midfield. Jags can't be too far away now though, can he?

If ?

Surely it's just a case of when. He was limping after he made that block on Sunday, I was convinced he was going to have to be subbed.

I'd have thought that maybe Roberto would have recalled Duffy from his loan to offer cover at centreback. Going off his press conference though, it sounds like he'd be quite happy to give Browning an opportunity. It would be very brave. I think I'd be tempted to play Hibbert or Barry there myself and play a youngster in midfield. Jags can't be too far away now though, can he?

If Alcaraz gets injured again this season, I will order him a taxi so he go away!

Jagielka is scheduled to be back for the City game, isn't he. Bobby said something along these lines on the OS earlier this week. Said he wouldn't rush Jags back because of the injury to Distin.

Barry as an emergency centre half if Alcaraz gets injured.

Jags will be back for the City game, according to Martinez today.

Not necessarily.

It's not that I don't see plenty of qualities that I like in them, but I expect to be twitchy enough this weekend watching Stones and Alcaraz. I don't think we can move Barry back without changing our entire game and whilst I've been impressed with Tyias Browning, I don't think him or Hibbo are there to be thrown in at the deep end.

If he does get injured then I hope to be proved wrong!

The fact he has had Browning with the main squad and rates him so highly, proves to me that should we be down to only stones fit then he will bring browning in, Martinez is not afraid to throw a young lad in the deep end as he's shown already countless times at Wigan and now us, genuinely refreshing belief he exhibits and it obviously massively improves the younger players belief and confidence in themselves to be able to go out no matter the occasion and perform

Prefer to play a young and promising player - Browning, than gimping our midfield by playing barry at cb, or even worse playing hibbert their when he hasn't kicked a ball for over a year effectively and is probably a couple of months away from retirement

With Barry and McCarthy in front of them, they provide a damn good shield for any younger player stepping into cb

Status
Not open for further replies.