How interested are you in the womens team?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Would you like to see more of the Everton womens team? Should the club do more to promote them?

Yes, make them play in bikinis.

Wow, so many sexist and misogynist comments about Womens football. Bloody Hell!
I am getting closer in coming here less often (not that I post around here that often)

Wow, so many sexist and misogynist comments about Womens football. Bloody Hell!
I am getting closer in coming here less often (not that I post around here that often)

bluddy 'ell, woman! most of those comment are either jokes or are just honest feedback. the odd one might be boys-own changing room humour. but harmless, really.

Can you quote some comments you feel were sexist and mysogynist?

With respect, I feel you're over-reacting.

Everton prides itself on its community aspect and the many different teams it has, at youth and female levels. It's a leader in many of these areas - we won't win any 'richest team' prizes, but the club has always been about doing the right things holistically. That's what makes Everton, 'Everton'.

Yeah, I realise some people view women's footy as a joke, but it is becoming big business. The regular league games are now live on BT Sport. There is a summer Super League. Why do you think Man City and Liverpool (City didn't even exist a year ago, Liverpool spent most of the 2000s in the lower divisions - all the while Everton were challenging with Arsenal and winning trophies) are now ploughing money into their clubs? Because there is money to be made. Investment = increased revenues.

So yeah, lets miss out on the kudos of providing a good standard of football for all ages and genders, and pull out of womens football, right before loads of money is coming into the game, becoming more attractive to sponsors and tv companies, far more money to be made, and growing crowds attending matches too (Everton 4th highest average attendance in the league; Liverpool had the lowest attendance for any match in the league last season).

Anyway, if the rumours going around are true, you may get your wish. Rumours going around that the next season will be our last and that the club is going to fold after over 30 years in existance. Currently we are the oldest club in the league. What a shame if that tradition dies.

I agree with everything you say, with the one exception: to describe women's football as being of a good standard simply doesn't stand up to scrutiny. Yes it's great to offer role models for young girls in order to encourage participation, but to attempt to convince the spectating public that women's football is played at any sort of standard that is worth paying money to watch.... the proof in the pudding is in the eating.

Plenty of other women's sports make a much better spectator experience, and the statistics demonstrate that.

Our ladies have just been drawn against Liverpool in the FA Cup Quarter-Final draw. That should hopefully have a decent turn out! Will also be interesting as I think they nabbed a few of our players recently, like Ian Dowie's niece

Our ladies have just been drawn against Liverpool in the FA Cup Quarter-Final draw. That should hopefully have a decent turn out! Will also be interesting as I think they nabbed a few of our players recently, like Ian Dowie's niece

That was a couple of years ago I think, they took Fara Williams with her as well. It's City that has had their turn at taking our best players this year, taking Duggan and Scott.

Do you know when the date is? Thinking of heading to this.

That was a couple of years ago I think, they took Fara Williams with her as well. It's City that has had their turn at taking our best players this year, taking Duggan and Scott.

Do you know when the date is? Thinking of heading to this.

Sunday 27th April, 2pm :)
Liverpool are the home team

The women's game is paralleling the men's. As usual we are one of the founding clubs an a huge name in women's football, and the johnny-come-lately nouveau riche are stealing our players and league standings. Poor Doncaster got booted out of the top division for lack of money despite being one of the top women's clubs alongst us and Arsenal.

The one difference with men and womens football.

In mes, you los a player for the season with a broken leg.

In the womens game they get pregnant....

Never going to be money in a sport that runs the risk of that.

I look out for them a lot, having played girls football myself, not sure id go and watch them though, wouldn't mind playing for them!

Always has been and always will be sexism in the game, I've put up with it all my life, just banter init? Well it don't get to me anyway. Having said that would be nice to see the womens game publicised more!

Status
Not open for further replies.