How interested are you in the womens team?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Watch it on tv occasionally - we were good once - until the RS started paying for all the top players including many of whom were playing for us. City are sniffing now and nicked Jill Scott. We were good when we had Scott, Duggan, Brown, Unitt, Dowie etc.

I like womens football a lot. Its completely different to mens football though and to enjoy it I think you have to realise that.

I love watching the French womens team, they are quality yet have this self destruct mode in them all the time.

Not interested myself - it could be a success though if someone wanted to back it. The relationship between quality and popularity is not a simple one - you only need to look at Twickenham being rammed for 50 years in the amateur era of rugby union to see that. ie people will pay good money to watch dross if there are other factors at work.

80% of women not doing enough exercise is brutal - if you were looking to promote the sport that would have to be the angle to take.

Typical Scouse bird that Toni Duggan isn't she? As if shes like 8 months older than me, been around for ever.

I would, but ****ing hate scouse looking birds. Bad Wool Me.

Depends if they are the "umpa lumpa" scouse birds screeching around town in their primark outfits (like those who always get shown in the national newspapers the day after Ladies Day at Aintree), or they are the more normal scouse birds who don't feel the need to have orange faces and terrible, terrible, terrible dress sense

Toni Duggan signed for Man City.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Toni Duggan signed for Man City.

Joleon-Lescott-Manchester-City-Celebrations-T_2764650.jpg

The exodus from Everton Ladies since the money came into the Super League and Mo Marley left as manager after 10 years in the job, over the past 18 months, has been astounding.

The heart has been ripped out of the squad; literally all the best players have now left - Natasha Dowie, Jill Scott, now Toni Duggan, and others.

Money is ruling their game now as well now, the rumours are that Man City (preparing for their first season in the Super League from March 2014, after basically buying their place into the league and replacing Doncaster Belles) are TRIPLING Duggan's wages, compared to what she would have earned at Everton. The difference is, City's Sheik, and John Henry at Liverpool, are now bankrolling the ladies teams, whilst Everton Ladies get very little to no support from Everton's board. City Ladies & Liverpool Ladies are basically being run as full time professional teams, training every day at the same training ground as the mens teams, whilst Everton Ladies are basically still being run part time (due to the wages) and don't train every day.

It's really sad and extremely transparent what's going on - we had a very good side that was in the top 2/3 for the last 10 years, and now the game has changed, we can't keep up due to the financial disparities, and the team is basically disintegrating. An all too familiar situation unfortunately.

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.