How interested are you in the womens team?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bruce Wayne

Player Valuation: £100m
Interesting piece on the BBC site about women in sport today

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/athletics/24909129

• 80% of women are not doing enough exercise to stay healthy
  • 5% of sports media coverage is devoted to women's sport
  • 0.5% of commercial investment goes to women-only sport
  • 60% of sports fans say they would like to see more women's sport on the TV

Would you like to see more of the Everton womens team? Should the club do more to promote them?

It costs like a quid to watch everton ladies and 32 quid to watch the mens team.

If anybody at all thought it comparable in entertainment, they'd watch the women's sport as it's vastly more afforable.

But they don't. And it isn't. The skill level is just horrible.

NEA

Will check their result if I know they're playing and watch a match if it's on BT Sport or something, like. For Toni Duggan, though.

And have them play at Goodison sometimes like they do the Youth teams, maybe? As well as upload more content about them to Everton TV. Not sure there'd be as much of an audience for the latter, but there's thousands of girls and women on Merseyside who like football - so why not see what attendance they'd get at Goodison?

If Toni Duggan is playing I'd like to watch!!

Seriously though, the standard is improving slowly. It's getting there.

Could probably do with being on TV more, free tv at that.

I always look out for Everton's results.

Bristol Ladies would beat Bristol City ffs.

I would like to see more of it in all seriousness, as the standard is pretty good now. I remember watching a ladies match years ago on TV, and it was utter tosh. Half decent now.

It costs like a quid to watch everton ladies and 32 quid to watch the mens team.

If anybody at all thought it comparable in entertainment, they'd watch the women's sport as it's vastly more afforable.

But they don't. And it isn't. The skill level is just horrible.

Was just thinking about the first bullet on the Beeb though about 80% of women not getting enough exercise. There's this perception that you can't achieve success (commercially) as a female athlete unless you're physically attractive.

Kinda sad isn't it?

Was just thinking about the first bullet on the Beeb though about 80% of women not getting enough exercise. There's this perception that you can't achieve success (commercially) as a female athlete unless you're physically attractive.

Kinda sad isn't it?
they might be more physically attractive if they got off their fat arses

Not all that bothered to be fair. I have no idea what the quality is like nowadays but I don't really have a great interest in finding out either unless they start playing in beach volleyball gear.

It used to be terrible to watch and so slow, I'm sure it will have improved but like I said, just not interested.

Not all that bothered to be fair. I have no idea what the quality is like nowadays but I don't really have a great interest in finding out either unless they start playing in beach volleyball gear.

It used to be terrible to watch and so slow, I'm sure it will have improved but like I said, just not interested.

That's kind of it isn't it? No idea how many of you fellas have daughters or nieces etc. but I'd want mine to have some decent role models in the sporting world that aren't simply getting air time for some old bloke to perve on them.

I'd like to see them do well, yet don't follow the women's team closely. Where are the matches played?

The reserves used to be a cheap game at Goodison but they're not there anymore. Is it the same for the women's?

Probably like most I've tried watching the womens game on TV once or twice and its a struggle. The GB team in the Olympics was as excited as I've ever got to watching the ladies game and perhaps it was because the stadiums were very busy and being caught up in the whole 'team GB spirit'.

I dont enjoy watching conference football or FA Cup games at round 1 stage and I find the womens game the same.

There are female sports I do enjoy watching such as tennis finals, cyling in the veladrome, track and field. Just not football

...I think anything successful in the name of EFC raises the clubs profile. I note our neighbours have an improved team and hear my rs pals talking about their ladies team nowadays.

Status
Not open for further replies.