Heading the Ball by Romelu Lukaku

Status
Not open for further replies.

McBain

Player Valuation: £80m
I have never seen any man head the ball, try to head the ball, look like he's trying to head the ball, and even look like he looks like he's trying to head the ball ...like this man.

I measured about Twelve feet from the jump to where the ball actually landed at one stage.

File under Baines/Corners and Roberto/Plan B.

A Six Foot Plus Striker who looks like he's trying to head a kids balloon is a odd development.

Merge or Discuss.

You'd think Dunc would have him on heading practice regularly. If he could head a ball and stand in front of the 1st man it could solve the corner issue as well if he flicks it on. Those corners must be deliberately coached into them though. I used to hate Arteta doing them, i was told Roberto doesn't class goals from a corner as proper goals but if I was him I'd be trying to get a bit of luck from wherever I could though.

You'd think Dunc would have him on heading practice regularly. If he could head a ball and stand in front of the 1st man it could solve the corner issue as well if he flicks it on. Those corners must be deliberately coached into them though. I used to hate Arteta doing them, i was told Roberto doesn't class goals from a corner as proper goals but if I was him I'd be trying to get a bit of luck from wherever I could though.

This. Master Header of the Football, I'd say he's one of the best headers of a football in recent memory with Sheringham and Klinsmann.

He's got to sort it out - We lose so much of the ball that way I can see why Roberto is loathe to use the tactic to be fair.

Someone posted before that they think Rom might have psychological problems with heading the ball after the incident at the Boleyn last season.

I think there might be sommat in that.

Someone posted before that they think Rom might have psychological problems with heading the ball after the incident at the Boleyn last season.

I think there might be sommat in that.
that was me...and I remain convinced that my posit has substance. Lukaku has been affected by that incident.

Did Lukaku not score our 3rd goal last season in the Derby at Goodision from a header (from a corner).

I have never seen any man head the ball, try to head the ball, look like he's trying to head the ball, and even look like he looks like he's trying to head the ball ...like this man.

I measured about Twelve feet from the jump to where the ball actually landed at one stage.

File under Baines/Corners and Roberto/Plan B.

A Six Foot Plus Striker who looks like he's trying to head a kids balloon is a odd development.

Merge or Discuss.

How often do we whip in crosses or corners for him to attack? And how often does he play out wide? The only headers he seems to get are the long goal kicks outside the box with his back to goal. Which to be fair he is poor at, Naismith is excellent considering his shortarseness.

Status
Not open for further replies.