Has anyone noticed we haven't been playing well?

Status
Not open for further replies.
As Roberto said - its difficult to analyse when so many goals come from mistakes. So frustrating. I don't think the speed of passing is quick enough, I actually like the possession play but to be effective it needs to be done at speed, otherwise teams just get back into position. As fantastic as our Manager is I do think he's made some mistakes too, I don't really see lots of evidence that he's learnt from them yet....

I say this every year when people freak out, the dynamic of the PL is different every year, there are no easy games and what we have seen is patchy results - thats true of every team in the league bar Chelsea. Spurs, Utd, Arsenal, Norway, City have all been handed their backsides by teams they are normally expected to beat. N one bar Chelsea has showen any consistency - but they will win the league at a canter. Arsenal have 9 points second in real oney, City are third in real money with 7 pts and we have 5. We're alright at the mo a win in the derby would really build momentum.

Spurs Liverpool and United all havung some of their worst ever starts to a premier league season....and we're still behind all of them. Sort it out Everton, we should be in the driving seat for fourth instead we're playing catch up to three sides who we have all said look rubbish and we have a worse drfense than all of them.

I'm seriously considering handing in my certificate as number one most bossest Evertonian in the world if we carry in playing this not quite well.

As Roberto said - its difficult to analyse when so many goals come from mistakes. So frustrating. I don't think the speed of passing is quick enough, I actually like the possession play but to be effective it needs to be done at speed, otherwise teams just get back into position. As fantastic as our Manager is I do think he's made some mistakes too, I don't really see lots of evidence that he's learnt from them yet....
You are quite right, our manager just does not learn from his mistakes,we have had a glimpse of how things could be and if we drift back to how thing where I don't think the fans. Will accept it like they did under Moyes.

I think the problem is a low KPM
Kappa.png
(Kappa per minute)

Use this emoticon to improve our performance

Kappa.png
= K appa [remove space and it works
Kappa.png
]

Great point you make there. The few times palace did get in our half (in the first half) and we regained possession, our play was almost laboured resulting in them getting back in position. Contrast that with bolasie. As soon as they broke the ball was quickly transferred to him for us to get at us with his pace.
We really miss miralles and to a lesser extent Barkley as with their pace we are able to get at and expose teams more.

I don't know if this has been said yet, but we really haven't been performing well as of late. Does anyone have any opinions on why this might be?

I suspect RM's reluctance to play Hibbo is making a couple of people fume, and so perhaps that couple (ie his mum and dad)might have tweeted or mentioned something about team selection. But I cannot recall seeing much fume on here specifically about team performance. Not surprised either. GOT members are generally not influenced by strong emotion and so are able to impart rational and impartial sentiment in a laudably dispassionate manner. I suspect RM, (who likely reads this forum for members views) gets many personnel and tactical ideas from these very pages.

The next month will be crucial for our season, it is that simple. Adapt to what appears to be a "finding out" of Martinez's tatics or bust! Over to you Bobby boy...

Status
Not open for further replies.