Gutted to find out the Derby was rescheduled

Status
Not open for further replies.
Guttered man! I'm flying over from NZ for the derby and a few other games before hand. Leaving on the Wednesday, I would be proper fuming if things changed and I couldn't make the game. I've bought all my tickets through Stub Hub so I'm hoping that works out well.

I would absolutely love to make this my first ever Goodison match. Does anyone know when the tickets are on sale and how I go about getting them? I'd be coming down from Fife, Scotland.

It won't get to general sale mate. In the extremely unlikely chance it does, it'll be seats behind posts and they'll all go within a minute of the sale.

I would absolutely love to make this my first ever Goodison match. Does anyone know when the tickets are on sale and how I go about getting them? I'd be coming down from Fife, Scotland.

Your best bet is to keep an eye on Stubhub.

Few ST holders might have to miss it, after the fixture change.

Moral of this is ...

If flying over to watch a game (no matter who it's against) then ignore the fixture list as issued at the start of the season and bear in mind that absolutely ANY game could be played at any time between Friday evening and Monday evening, it could be a game that aint all that attractive to the TV companies to be honest, but if it's a week of european football then it may well be the only game that is able to be televised.
If flying over from afar then surely you don't just come for a short period ?

Folk I feel for in these instances are those that have season tickets and travel big distances, yeah the ones that drive up can still do that but it messes them about in that they may not be able to get time off work to make it up, a lot that come over from Ireland or Isle of Man by ferry and have to faff about having already booked or may even have to stay overnight due to the change.
There are also folk more local that get stiffed by TV changing fixtures as well, shift workers in particular can find that a game they was going to then becomes 1 that they have to miss and in the majority of these cases it's a season ticket holder that is being held in disregard by Sky & BT etc.

Sorry, mate. You were trying to hit a moving target from a great distance.

Gone are the days of a fixture list being set in stone. The big money decides when games are played these days. TV money rules everything. The fans are secondary (if that, considering the rise of sponsorship clout). Anyone booking in advance will always be at the mercy of fickle TV marketing folk. The only way to be at best 90% sure, is to book a time window that includes two Wednesdays before and after scheduled game, and even then there is a chance of postponement for some reason.

Guttered man! I'm flying over from NZ for the derby and a few other games before hand. Leaving on the Wednesday, I would be proper fuming if things changed and I couldn't make the game. I've bought all my tickets through Stub Hub so I'm hoping that works out well.

Glad at least one of us can make it, let me know how it all goes!

Moral of this is ...

If flying over to watch a game (no matter who it's against) then ignore the fixture list as issued at the start of the season and bear in mind that absolutely ANY game could be played at any time between Friday evening and Monday evening, it could be a game that aint all that attractive to the TV companies to be honest, but if it's a week of european football then it may well be the only game that is able to be televised.

Folk I feel for in these instances are those that have season tickets and travel big distances, yeah the ones that drive up can still do that but it messes them about in that they may not be able to get time off work to make it up, a lot that come over from Ireland or Isle of Man by ferry and have to faff about having already booked or may even have to stay overnight due to the change.
There are also folk more local that get stiffed by TV changing fixtures as well, shift workers in particular can find that a game they was going to then becomes 1 that they have to miss and in the majority of these cases it's a season ticket holder that is being held in disregard by Sky & BT etc.

Yes agree, as I said in an earlier post, I was going to be in the area and the days overlapped with the chance of making it to the derby so I was elated at the possibility and then the time and day change happened.

Moral of this is ...

Yup. I have to miss West Ham and I am devastated!

You don't book anything until the TV schedule is announced, its been this way for years,in Spain its only announced 2 weeks before!

Which us a nightmare trying to watch Madrid or Barcelona as flights so expensive nearer the time. Been trying to watch Barca for a while but in school holidays can't risk an 8.00 pm ko on Sundays as no flight back

Status
Not open for further replies.