Gutted to find out the Derby was rescheduled

Status
Not open for further replies.
Myself and two others had booked "fixed" flights for Arsenal, not even considering it would go back a day, but left the returns open suspecting the Derby would change to either Sunday or Monday. Cost about 300 pound to change, plus an additional couple of nights hotel.

Rubbish

Agreed.

Every season we have threads like this one.

In this day and age it is foolish to make travel arrangements and splash out on air fares without knowing the TV schedule.

Particularly the derby which is rarely played on Saturday at 3 p.m.

...I suppose the risk if lessened if visiting Saturday and Sunday, but Monday and Friday night can catch you out.

Agreed.

In this day and age it is foolish to make travel arrangements and splash out on air fares without knowing the TV schedule.

True but its rarely on a monday these days - remember the police reaction to the 5pm saturday game?

Agreed.

yes it is foolish. i didn't make my plans around the derby, it just happened that my travel plans overlapped with when the derby would happen so it was going to be a great opportunity to go. now i can't go and that's just how it is but it still sucks for someone overseas to miss the opportunity because of that.

yes it is foolish. i didn't make my plans around the derby, it just happened that my travel plans overlapped with when the derby would happen so it was going to be a great opportunity to go. now i can't go and that's just how it is but it still sucks for someone overseas to miss the opportunity because of that.

Ah....I see.

You were to be over here at the time of the derby and the original date would have fitted in perfectly.

That"s a bad break :(

Missing my first derby in 15 years because of this stupid God Dawn change..my gutted doesn't even come close...

^ I know I've read about them doing pretty cool things for traveling fans before. This is a nightmare situation for me also being from the US. Would have to quit my job and stay until the match honestly. Might be worth it, but don't let me be a bad influence. :p

That being said, is there a good time to go for a match and not have to worry about it being rescheduled? I would think it's all about who we're playing and whether they're playing in European competition

In general, fall is better than spring, as the FA cup starts for EPL teams and lots of rescheduling can occur. This happened to us last spring break (we are teachers) trying to go see Arsenal (my friends were Arse fans). I've found the best time is boxing day through new years, and flying out on x-mas day is very uncrowded; I've done this a few times (but obviously if you family commitments, this is a no-go).

Last edited:
In general, fall is better than spring, as the FA cup starts for EPL teams and lots of rescheduling can occur. This happened to us last spring break (we are teachers) trying to go see Arsenal (my friends were Arse fans). I've found the best time is boxing day through new years, and flying out on x-mas day is very uncrowded; I've done this a few times (but obviously if you family commitments, this is a no-go).

Family would be very upset if I missed Christmas lol

I would absolutely love to make this my first ever Goodison match. Does anyone know when the tickets are on sale and how I go about getting them? I'd be coming down from Fife, Scotland.

Status
Not open for further replies.