Graeme Sharp

Status
Not open for further replies.
I cannot get over the fanbase wilfully singling out and destroying the clubs legacy. When we have blockaded and threatened the players then trashed the legacy of one out our greatest players. who do we think we can attract to run our club?
This piece of the clubs failure can be laid on the fans.
lol lol lol

Don't forget our utterly shameful fans put a well respected and loved board member in a headlock. Bill said so so it must be true!!!!! A top blue like him would never lie!!!!!!!!

Yeah, let's not turn on one of our own, a player who was instrumental in us achieving so much in the mid-80's.

Okay, he has become a Kenwright stooge and is towing the party line but we can never forget his service to the Club in the greatest years of our history.
Achieving so much in the mid-80s. Spot on, he did, great player about 40 years ago.

It's 2023 lads. He's doing nothing, we'll go down and he'll insist we've had good times.

I cannot get over the fanbase wilfully singling out and destroying the clubs legacy. When we have blockaded and threatened the players then trashed the legacy of one out our greatest players. who do we think we can attract to run our club?
This piece of the clubs failure can be laid on the fans.
I’m not sure they are, they’re saying the board is inept and a huge part of the problems we find ourselves in. if you’re on the board surely you have to be considered part of the issue whatever your legacy whatever your contribution to the board ?

I loved sharpy but if thousands of people are protesting against the board and you’re on the board and silent , you can see that’s an issue right ?

I am not defending the board, I am defending a hero.
Who is on the board, who is doing nothing there, and which has protest against it and all their best mates.

He should've stayed a hero, much like any other of our heroes from those ages who aren't being inept at best mate roles in the club.

You know he’s a non-executive director don’t you. There is no “payday”, if he disagrees with what’s going on he could say so and it wouldn’t cost him anything.

Are you certain non-executive directors don’t get paid anything ?

It's a common misconception that NEDs only ever take expenses. They won't be salaried, but they're often paid a director's fee.

See

It may be that Sharpy only claims expenses, but that isn't necessarily the case.

A more pertinent question is what are his qualifications or experience with respect to questioning the boards decisions on any non-playing matters ? On the face of it, they're pretty much zero.

An Everton great yes but his hey day was forty years ago

The issue with the board is that they keep looking to the past rather than future

Sharp should not have put his head above the parapet unless he was happy to take the flak

Have often thought rather than having Everton 'legends' cosy in the club ranks and hospitality etc, we should be using club "prospects" would give the under 23 lads good exposure bridging the connection that is often lost between players and fans, and reinforce hope and backing for these kids who are trying to step up whilst giving them a bit of an education from fans in terms of how much it means, and also learning the ropes early on how to navigate their way through all the non football stuff they have to do as they get on.

Yeah, let's not turn on one of our own, a player who was instrumental in us achieving so much in the mid-80's.

Okay, he has become a Kenwright stooge and is towing the party line but we can never forget his service to the Club in the greatest years of our history.

I made it clear in a previous post that I respected him as a player. He was great. As as person I don’t.

He did bemoan the lower standards and lack of success in his later years at Everton in his book.

And he has defended a regime that has overseen years of mediocrity. Sometimes in a arrogant, patronising manner particularly as a co host on the Century Legends phone in with the likes of Alan Kennedy and Micky Thomas.

I don’t believe in being subservient, to me that’s not a good thing.

It's a common misconception that NEDs only ever take expenses. They won't be salaried, but they're often paid a director's fee.

See

It may be that Sharpy only claims expenses, but that isn't necessarily the case.

A more pertinent question is what are his qualifications or experience with respect to questioning the boards decisions on any non-playing matters ? On the face of it, they're pretty much zero.
I know mate I was trying to be polite , if you read on in the thread I mention the fee I was pretty confident NED’s get .

Status
Not open for further replies.