Graeme Sharp

Status
Not open for further replies.
They may get fees and expenses, the point is people don’t do it for the money because it’s minimal, they don’t have a ‘job’ and so there’s no conflict of interest in terms of deciding what’s best for the club or for yourself.
Yeah it’s not a wage but I’d imagine when board members are getting just short of a million quid a NED will be getting a pretty decent fee.

That is the point of them!
Nah.

From the UK Code of Corporate Governance:

11. At least half the board, excluding the chair, should be non-executive directors whom the board considers to be independent.
12. The board should appoint one of the independent non-executive directors to be the senior independent director to provide a sounding board for the chair and serve as an intermediary for the other directors and shareholders. Led by the senior independent director, the non-executive directors should meet without the chair present at least annually to appraise the chair’s performance, and on other occasions as necessary.
13. Non-executive directors have a prime role in appointing and removing executive directors. Non-executive directors should scrutinise and hold to account the performance of management and individual executive directors against agreed performance objectives. The chair should hold meetings with the non-executive directors without the executive directors present.
34. The remuneration of non-executive directors should be determined in accordance with the Articles of Association or, alternatively, by the board. Levels of remuneration for the chair and all non-executive directors should reflect the time commitment and responsibilities of the role. Remuneration for all non-executive directors should not include share options or other performance-related elements.

You might also find this link of some use.

Nah.

From the UK Code of Corporate Governance:

11. At least half the board, excluding the chair, should be non-executive directors whom the board considers to be independent.
12. The board should appoint one of the independent non-executive directors to be the senior independent director to provide a sounding board for the chair and serve as an intermediary for the other directors and shareholders. Led by the senior independent director, the non-executive directors should meet without the chair present at least annually to appraise the chair’s performance, and on other occasions as necessary.
13. Non-executive directors have a prime role in appointing and removing executive directors. Non-executive directors should scrutinise and hold to account the performance of management and individual executive directors against agreed performance objectives. The chair should hold meetings with the non-executive directors without the executive directors present.
34. The remuneration of non-executive directors should be determined in accordance with the Articles of Association or, alternatively, by the board. Levels of remuneration for the chair and all non-executive directors should reflect the time commitment and responsibilities of the role. Remuneration for all non-executive directors should not include share options or other performance-related elements.

You might also find this link of some use.

Yeah time and commitment, expenses etc, it shouldn’t cost them anything to carry out their duties so they are reimbursed. The point is they don’t have a salary or financial incentive to do it.

I honestly cannot believe I have to defend Graham Sharp on an Everton website. He bleeds blue.

He doesn’t have anything to prove to any of us. I’m absolutely disgusted that he is being questioned in this way.

Believe me, when we have chased him away and written off his legacy, another nail goes in the coffin of our club.

he’s a bill yes man. end of

He doesn’t own the club, he has been a lesser board member for a few months. The club was elevated on his shoulders. He has done more for the reputation and standing of this club than any board member or fan on this site. Look at his winners medals.

I think his elevation to the board was a good thing. I want people who know what success feels like here to be part of steering the club. What I now see is a fan base lashing out and severing its ties from the clubs history by expunging its greats.

Once he’s gone there are few if any left to film that role and we complete our transformation into Sunderland or Stoke.
He’s been on the board 12 months, not a few months.

His playing career for Everton and the medals he won as a Blue is not contested or arguable - he was a terrific servant to the club as a player, it’s not up for debate.

He knew what success was as a player back in the 1980’s, that doesn’t and didn’t qualify him to become a director in my opinion. And the game has moved on since he was a player and an unsuccessful manager at Oldham.

There is no discernible proof of him having brought anything positive to the boardroom as the club has continued to go backwards, both on and off the pitch… not his fault but, what has he done or tried to do to arrest the continuing slide ??

And the calls from some for him to resign on principle, in light of what’s gone on since last Saturday, was for him to protect his legacy as a playing legend. His apparent reluctance to do so, or his blind faith loyalty to the chairman is a real shame.

He’s been on the board 12 months, not a few months.

His playing career for Everton and the medals he won as a Blue is not contested or arguable - he was a terrific servant to the club as a player, it’s not up for debate.

He knew what success was as a player back in the 1980’s, that doesn’t and didn’t qualify him to become a director in my opinion. And the game has moved on since he was a player and an unsuccessful manager at Oldham.

There is no discernible proof of him having brought anything positive to the boardroom as the club has continued to go backwards, both on and off the pitch… not his fault but, what has he done or tried to do to arrest the continuing slide ??

And the calls from some for him to resign on principle, in light of what’s gone on since last Saturday, was for him to protect his legacy as a playing legend. His apparent reluctance to do so, or his blind faith loyalty to the chairman is a real shame.
I cannot get over the fanbase wilfully singling out and destroying the clubs legacy. When we have blockaded and threatened the players then trashed the legacy of one out our greatest players. who do we think we can attract to run our club?
This piece of the clubs failure can be laid on the fans.

He is occupying a sort of fan on the board role. How on earth are people turning on him.

The managerial choices are Moshiri, the DoF appointment is Moshiri. He is not to blame, but may be part of the solution.

By doing what, telling us to clap on cuz we've had some good times, just like his best mate Blue Bill said?

Great player, utter phony board member. Get rid.

He is occupying a sort of fan on the board role. How on earth are people turning on him.

The managerial choices are Moshiri, the DoF appointment is Moshiri. He is not to blame, but may be part of the solution.
if hes silent and not raising one objection what the hell is he doing on the board

Status
Not open for further replies.