Graeme Sharp

Status
Not open for further replies.
Graham Sharp will always be on of my heroes. A few months as a board member does not make him responsible for our current mess.

I refuse to join a pile on onto one of our greatest players who was a massive part of our last title success.
The ignorant assumptions in here are laughable, as are the “should resign on principle” shouts. Who knows why he is still there? Who knows what challenging meetings he is having with the rest of the board? If we has a fan on the board, as some wish, wouldn’t you be disappointed if they resigned instead of fighting our corner? Everyone needs to get a grip. That guy is a hero in my eyes, and should be trusted with trying to do the right thing behind the scenes.
are you joking this fellas been kenwrights chief cheerleader for years now him and prentice

Wake up! ?? Sharp is killing the club from the inside ? I knew he was a wrongun when he scored at the St. End for Oldham.
Yup, again with a nice throwback - "back in de day lad".

2023, this year. He's part of the problem, being on the board and a Kenwright mouthpiece. All the lоl faces in the world won't mean much.

Wake up, yes.

He doesn’t own the club, he has been a lesser board member for a few months. The club was elevated on his shoulders. He has done more for the reputation and standing of this club than any board member or fan on this site. Look at his winners medals.

I think his elevation to the board was a good thing. I want people who know what success feels like here to be part of steering the club. What I now see is a fan base lashing out and severing its ties from the clubs history by expunging its greats.

Once he’s gone there are few if any left to film that role and we complete our transformation into Sunderland or Stoke.
What role ? Defending kenwright there’s plenty of candidates for that mate osman bellew Tim Howard . Neville southall puts sharp to shame

I cannot get over the fanbase wilfully singling out and destroying the clubs legacy. When we have blockaded and threatened the players then trashed the legacy of one out our greatest players. who do we think we can attract to run our club?
This piece of the clubs failure can be laid on the fans.
Absolute tosh.
The fans have supported this team and the club through thick and thin and continue to do so.

The clubs failure is both on and off the pitch.
Successive managers and groups of players have failed miserably to become and stay competitive on the field.
Off the field, the way the way club has been owned under Moshiri - BM project aside - has been dreadful.
Off the field, the way the club has been run for far too long with Kenwright at the helm has been nothing short of lamentable, and riddled with half truths and blatant lies.
'You've had Good Times' - don't make me laugh.

Sharp, regrettably appears to have nailed his colours to the Kenwright mast, hence the angst towards him... regrettable as it is, he can or could go some way to salvaging his hard-earned reputation as a successful player by disassociating himself from this board first thing tomorrow morning.

Last edited:
He was a fantastic player and i used to love watching him. Truth is though that none of this conversation should be taking place at least not in this way. It is another case of Bill and his jobs for the boys i.e surrounding himself with ex players to have his way. A brilliant 80s footballer doesn't make a good footballing advisor of a clubs directors board in 2023 without having spent many years working their way up to that and experiencing and evolving into modern day football. His advisory capacity to the board can only ever be flawed. We are all devoted blues but we would be crap modern day football board advisors despite how great we think we would be at it.

Just wish he had never taken the job tbh. Nothing is worth marring such a fantastic footballing history.

Yeah, let's not turn on one of our own, a player who was instrumental in us achieving so much in the mid-80's.

Okay, he has become a Kenwright stooge and is towing the party line but we can never forget his service to the Club in the greatest years of our history.
His glorious career as an Everton player and his huge part in that glorious mid-80s side is not up for debate.
As a player
in the Royal Blue shirt, he thoroughly earned and deserves the admiration of all Evertonians.

Absolute tosh.
The fans have supported this team and the club through thick and thin and continue to do so.

The clubs failure is both on an off the pitch.
Successive managers and groups of players have failed miserably to become and stay competitive on the field.
Off the field, the way the way club has been owned under Moshiri - BM project aside - has been dreadful.
Off the field, the way the club has been run for far too long with Kenwright at the helm has been nothing short of lamentable, and riddled with half truths and blatant lies.

Sharp, regrettably appears to have nailed his colours to the Kenwright mast, hence the angst towards him... regrettable as it is, he can or could go some way to salvaging his hard-earned reputation as a successful player by disassociating himself from this board first thing tomorrow morning.
I trust you won’t be attending any more games then? If you want rid of the board, stop giving them money. Cut your ties.

Absolute tosh.

The clubs failure is both on an off the pitch.

I cannot disagree with anything you have said. Its just a shame that an ex-player of his calibre is now being so maligned because of the failures of the current board and his association with them.

FWIW, I will never, ever forget the goal against the RS at Analfield when I was one of thousands of Blues on the Kop that day.

I cannot disagree with anything you have said. Its just a shame that an ex-player of his calibre is now being so maligned because of the failures of the current board and his association with them.

FWIW, I will never, ever forget the goal against the RS at Analfield when I was one of thousands of Blues on the Kop that day.
Me and you both , just by the tea bar in my case .

Status
Not open for further replies.