Graeme Sharp

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree.

Someone did something on Twitter recently citing the expertise of all CEO’s chairmen and compared it to Everton. We’re a farce.

Graeme Sharp has absolutely zero right to be on the board. He’s there because he’s a “yes” man, who thinks the sun shines out of our chairman’s backside.

But why would he turn it down? Significant pay rise and all he’s going to do is agree with what Bill says.

Only club who appoint inexperienced people. What is that getting us? Ah… relegated.

agree mate, sadly agree.

I assume he and others are on the board to absorb criticism when the fans are not happy. The Owner and Chairman are playing us for fools. No proper shareholder meetings, no proper engagement with fans...even though they set up a group, each and everyone of them are just bodies to absorb the fume. Sack the board, just think about that. Who are you sacking and who will replace them? OK lets sack Kenwrong. Wont happen as he is the fall guy for Moshiri. Ok lets sack Denise...great but the owners won't as they have control and our EITC work is the only highlight the club has to promote. Ok lets sack Sharp, they might as he is a pawn in this mad ownership game, however unlikely to happen for said reasons.

The problem is sacking the board is what seems a great option. But you are then trusting Moshiri to hire the right people. After so many years of failure do you actually think he will do that? Even if he can't make successful football business decisions, he doesn't even want to let go somewhat and employ an experienced employee. There's only been two positives he's done in his role, BM and hiring Carlo. All the other business decisions have been woeful at best.

So go on sack the board. Then who do we get in....then who is gonna sell the club (apart from the DOF) to convince players to come to us?

In the end Sharp as great as he's been as a player, he will remain onboard as a peacekeeper....he is what seems merely a buffer zone between fans and the owners.

Graham Sharp will always be on of my heroes. A few months as a board member does not make him responsible for our current mess.

I refuse to join a pile on onto one of our greatest players who was a massive part of our last title success.

LEAVE HIM ALONE, you are not fit to lace his boots.
In all seriousness Genuinely a hero of mine but he’s tied to this board and I’m struggling to reconcile his inaction with the man I grew up worshiping. The minute he was appointed I dreaded this happening in the future and I’m deeply uncomfortable with where we are . Exactly because of where he his I’d love him to say something, anything when we’re being beaten by the media . Andy voiced words of support from the Gulf, I’d love sharpy to follow his lead . I honestly don’t feel remaining silent is an option.

I can never forget the amazing times this bloke gave me which makes it all the more difficult.

In all seriousness Genuinely a hero of mine but he’s tied to this board and I’m struggling to reconcile his inaction with the man I grew up worshiping. The minute he was appointed I dreaded this happening in the future and I’m deeply uncomfortable with where we are . Exactly because of where he his I’d love him to say something, anything when we’re being beaten by the media . Andy voiced words of support from the Gulf, I’d love sharpy to follow his lead . I honestly don’t feel remaining silent is an option.

I can never forget the amazing times this bloke gave me which makes it all the more difficult.
Honestly leave him alone. When we’ve destroyed all our heroes, what’s left of the club??

The ignorant assumptions in here are laughable, as are the “should resign on principle” shouts. Who knows why he is still there? Who knows what challenging meetings he is having with the rest of the board? If we has a fan on the board, as some wish, wouldn’t you be disappointed if they resigned instead of fighting our corner? Everyone needs to get a grip. That guy is a hero in my eyes, and should be trusted with trying to do the right thing behind the scenes.

Honestly leave him alone. When we’ve destroyed all our heroes, what’s left of the club??
Honestly I’ll put my point forward in what I felt was a reasoned manner . If he wants to take his salary and remain silent as we are pilloried in the National and international media then unfortunately it’s not me that’s taking decisions on how he’s viewed in the future it’s him .

I grew up adoring him and I can’t simply turn that off but he apparently signed off on not going the game because it wasn’t safe when it we’re told 12 hours before he was at an Everton fans event so honestly let’s all be honest .

Status
Not open for further replies.