Graeme Sharp

Status
Not open for further replies.
I honestly cannot believe I have to defend Graham Sharp on an Everton website. He bleeds blue.

He doesn’t have anything to prove to any of us. I’m absolutely disgusted that he is being questioned in this way.

Believe me, when we have chased him away and written off his legacy, another nail goes in the coffin of our club.
An Everton great yes but his hey day was forty years ago

The issue with the board is that they keep looking to the past rather than future

Sharp should not have put his head above the parapet unless he was happy to take the flak

He’s watching his club crash and burn without raising one eyebrow to the situation , he belittled previous fan groups to get Kenwright out as “ one man and his dog” , if your on the board and this is happening to your club and your doing nothing (not even resigning to highlight our plight) your complicit in the destruction of EFC
He doesn’t own the club, he has been a lesser board member for a few months. The club was elevated on his shoulders. He has done more for the reputation and standing of this club than any board member or fan on this site. Look at his winners medals.

I think his elevation to the board was a good thing. I want people who know what success feels like here to be part of steering the club. What I now see is a fan base lashing out and severing its ties from the clubs history by expunging its greats.

Once he’s gone there are few if any left to film that role and we complete our transformation into Sunderland or Stoke.

Can’t say I was too impressed with Peter Reid on Granada earlier. Still, was a great player for us, respect him for that.
He is another one who needs to be very, very careful at the moment, He can't keep his mouth shut when it comes to Politics and that sort of thing on social media. I have seen a few people call him out recently and he isn't saying much or seems to be keeping his cards close to his chest. Id hate for him to end up the way it seems with Sharp.

An Everton great yes but his hey day was forty years ago

The issue with the board is that they keep looking to the past rather than future

Sharp should not have put his head above the parapet unless he was happy to take the flak
He should be above flack.

I
He should be above flack.
serious question and I’m asking this not to have a go but as someone that doesn’t want to find reasons to criticise him , honestly . Why didn’t he go Saturday ? That was a political point the board made and it demonised the fan base , not a few fans but the fan base in the eyes of the National and international media . Why didn’t he just say “I’ll be ok , I can go the game “ .

By not going surely he gave his tacit approval to the boards tactics , he’s far from stupid so he must have seen what was going on . Honestly I’m not looking for a row .

The ignorant assumptions in here are laughable, as are the “should resign on principle” shouts. Who knows why he is still there? Who knows what challenging meetings he is having with the rest of the board? If we has a fan on the board, as some wish, wouldn’t you be disappointed if they resigned instead of fighting our corner? Everyone needs to get a grip. That guy is a hero in my eyes, and should be trusted with trying to do the right thing behind the scenes.
See this is a good point this, there's been too many of these "why didn't or doesn't he resign on principle" shouts over the last 18 months, including aimed towards Kenwright when Rafael came on.
Resigning on principle because someone above you has done something you don't like, just makes it easier for them to either get away with it or replace you with someone who won't object.
I can't see Sharp having the standing on the board to be able too make and implement any major decisions.
The club was failing badly before he came on board

Isn’t the point that They’re not employees of the company per se ? I’d expect him to be paid a fee
They may get fees and expenses, the point is people don’t do it for the money because it’s minimal, they don’t have a ‘job’ and so there’s no conflict of interest in terms of deciding what’s best for the club or for yourself.

Status
Not open for further replies.