Grade for this transfer window

What grade would you give us for this transfer window

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
How terrible are Sky Sports. Was looking at their predictions and they all state who they think will be the summers best signing. Heres what they said
Jeff Stelling - Adam Lallana/ROBERT SNODGRASS
Le Tissier - Alexis Sanchez
Paul Merson - Alexis Sanchez
Charlie Nicholas - Cesc Fabregas

Then we get to Phil Thompson, who for some reason spoke the most sense out of them all and said Lukaku.
That Snodgrass quote ruined me

I don't see the problem with most of those predictions

How terrible are Sky Sports. Was looking at their predictions and they all state who they think will be the summers best signing. Heres what they said

Then we get to Phil Thompson, who for some reason spoke the most sense out of them all and said Lukaku.
No problem with those bolded in here, but Lallana? He's an attacking player in a team that is full of attacking players. For almost the exact same money as Lukaku who went to a team that desperately needed a boss striker. Madness.

B+.

We signed a striker we have needed for years and added some great additions to the squad. Almost all of Moyes deadwood is now gone (Hibbert and Osman).

Wait till Besic skims a few players and knocks the ball up field to someone before snapping someone in two... They'll see sense.

I'll give it an B+ so far. I've experienced numerous Everton transfer windows and this one has been one of the best. The Lukaku deal is the most expensive transfer in our clubs history and one of the most exciting imho. But i'm also very pleased that we have been able to hold on to a player like Barry and extend contracts with the likes of Barkley and Stones. We have a stronger squad than last season and one of the strongest squads in our clubs history that's worth a B+ grade.

Just seen a stat that if Besic starts today he will be only the 2nd player to make his debut for Everton on the opening day of the season in the past 8 seasons including this one.

Pretty pathetic of our board if thats true and it does sound about right as we haven't usually sold our transfer kitty by this time.

B+ so far, need another striker and attacking mid to get it to an A. I'm certain we've got more
than enough to get a couple more in permanently.

I think one problem is that teams like Spurs, Liverpool and basically most other teams - that aren't us, have continued to outspend us several times over the last decade and quite often finish below us - our board obviously thinks we can continue to invest the bear minimum and mount a serious challenge of the top four. Fe**** *****s!

Still C-

We haven't moved forward at all really.

They have two weeks to improve the depth of this squad.

Wow. Everton fans are truly impossible to please. In a window where we:
  • lock up Coleman, Stones, and Barkley (3 of the best young talents in ALL of the EPL, not just our team) for 4+ years
  • sign Besic for what looks to be a steal
  • sign Barry
  • SIGN LUKAKU long term!!! (basically for the money we got for Fellaini)
  • Get a promising loan of Atsu
  • Loan out some of our own youngsters
  • Finally get rid of Guaye, Vellios, and NO ONE ELSE (McCarthy or Baines)
  • Sign some prospects in Galloway, Byrne for the future
  • ... and there is still time for more (Hennen, maybe more?)
We do all this in a world cup year (inflated prices) with no new investment. The only signing that looks remotely suspect is Hibbert - a cult hero of us blues. And let's not forget, we get Kone and Gibson back. Things look very good and this has been an undeniably excellent window (especially by Everton standards).

This window has embodied NSNO in my opinion. Would I still like to see more? Yes. More bodies and higher quality is always welcome, especially now that we are competing in Europe too. (thus I rated it an A). I think this may go down as one of our best transfer windows EVER yet some people (even at this point) would only rate it a B? man, we are tough fans.

I'll even add to that that under Martinez, it appears we really need to just trust the manager. His style seems to be one that players want to join, and his patience and optimism are working. Unlike under Moyes where we'd hear about targets, then hear about Spurs coming in at the last minute to beat us, under Roberto, I think we have actually secured every target Martinez has mentioned (except Hennen).

While all of us were on the edge of our seats or losing hope over lukaku and the media floating stories here and there, Martinez was confident that "we'll get our guy." Bravo. I thought our summer last year was a nightmare until the end too when seemingly out of nowhere he pulls the 3 loans of Barry, Lukaku, and Deulefou. I'm excited about this window so far and I think Martinez still has something up his sleeve.

Status
Not open for further replies.