Grade for this transfer window

What grade would you give us for this transfer window

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Our squad is strong and the additions have been, without doubt, top quality (Barry, Besic, Lukaku, Eto'o). I could pick out only right back as being a position in which we are light. There's still January for that yet, if it becomes a problem. I for one am not going to knee-jerk into thinking we need to have big changes at centre back because of two poor outings. They were a very good partnership last season. 3rd-best defence in the league. There's nothing to suggest they won't find some form soon. I mean if a couple of games is enough to write off our centre-backs, then you must think Naismith is a world-class, goal-a-game slotter then, right?

If you'd asked me last season, do we need 6/7 players, assuming we keep Barry and Rom, then I would have said no.

Barry and Lukaku aren't additions over and above last season. We need to focus on how we've strengthened here.

Where are you going to fit all these extra 5-6 players davek?

The squad is limited to 25 players and we already have 24 not including the likes of Garbutt, Browning, Kennedy, Hope, Long, McAleny, Galloway, Ledson, Henen etc.

It's a very long season. If it goes well, we'll be playing between 54-60 games.We should have focussed on first teamers rather than Henen and Galloway.

No mate. 3 more senior players and we would need to see outgoings, or we'd just have players not playing, ever, unless their was an Ebola outbreak at FF.

I dont see why adding numbers to a squad recognised as being understrength for years would necessitate outgoings of senior players.

Boss that we haven't sold anyone though hey mate?!

They sold Duffy and let go two others, but yeah, its a welcome change from seeing the usual sale of players to fund incoming. Long may that continue.

It's a very long season. If it goes well, we'll be playing between 54-60 games.
And what? Whether or not we play 38 games or 54-60 we are still limited to 25 players. We have 24, how are you going to fit 5/6/7 more into the last place ?

And what? Whether or not we play 38 games or 54-60 we are still limited to 25 players. We have 24, how are you going to fit 5/6/7 more into the last place ?
Yeah, just edited that post. I take your point but it is answerable.

I dont see why adding numbers to a squad recognised as being understrength for years would necessitate outgoings of senior players.

As things stand, Osman (for example) is behind about 7 players in the pecking order, we're really not short on numbers now. We could debate the quality of some players we have, but again, if we brought in more, then they'd be replacements for those players, yeah?

Status
Not open for further replies.