Grade for this transfer window

What grade would you give us for this transfer window

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Am I wrong in stating that when the window opened the vast majority wanted 5 plus into this first team to beef it up for the tougher campaign?

Well, since the "window opened"

Rom
Besic
Eto'o
Barry

Then you have the few kids we've added.

You know dave, we could have bought ten £2 million players instead of Rom, and Bill could have still pocketed the £8 million "surplus."

We spent £36m and only sold one player - a lad who's never figured in the first team plans of the current manager and barely in the last one's either.

We smashed our transfer record on a £28m striker and signed a World renowed star in Eto'o. Only those with an serious axe to grind could ever describe it as anything other than a good window for EFC.

Last edited:
Good solid B+ for me, still think we could have done a couple more deals to bolster the squad but happy with who we have signed.

Well, since the "window opened"

Rom
Besic
Eto'o
Barry

Then you have the few kids we've added.

You know dave, we could have bought ten £2 million players instead of Rom, and Bill could have still pocketed the £8 million "surplus."
Over and above what we had last season is what we should be looking at given the extra workload this season. We added two of thos plus Atsu and lost Deulofeu.

When all is said and done, that's what we're left with regardless of money spent.

From the end of last season we substantially added Eto'o, Besic and Atsu to a relistic first team core we can use. We lost Deulofeu. That's two up on last season when, I think I can safely say without fear of contradiction, we all felt we required a boost of say 5/6/7 players - depending on your particular viewpoint.

We never came close to that. And the backline looks less than solid with practically no cover apart from Stones and Oviedo (when he gets back from his injury).

All the pollyanna comments concerning how great it's been this summer simply cant cut through those realities.

Our squad is strong and the additions have been, without doubt, top quality (Barry, Besic, Lukaku, Eto'o). I could pick out only right back as being a position in which we are light. There's still January for that yet, if it becomes a problem. I for one am not going to knee-jerk into thinking we need to have big changes at centre back because of two poor outings. They were a very good partnership last season. 3rd-best defence in the league. There's nothing to suggest they won't find some form soon. I mean if a couple of games is enough to write off our centre-backs, then you must think Naismith is a world-class, goal-a-game slotter then, right?

If you'd asked me last season, do we need 6/7 players, assuming we keep Barry and Rom, then I would have said no.

Over and above what we had last season is what we should be looking at given the extra workload this season. We added two of thos plus Atsu and lost Deulofeu.

When all is said and done, that's what we're left with regardless of money spent.
Where are you going to fit all these extra 5-6 players davek?

The squad is limited to 25 players and we already have 24 not including the likes of Garbutt, Browning, Kennedy, Hope, Long, McAleny, Galloway, Ledson, Henen etc.

No mate. 3 more senior players and we would need to see outgoings, or we'd just have players not playing, ever, unless their was an Ebola outbreak at FF.

Could have been worse. Couldhave been Southampton - in an alternate universe I could easily have seen Stones/Coleman/McCarthy/Barkley sold for big money to rot on the benches

Boss that we haven't sold anyone though hey mate?!

Recycled the cash brought in by Martinez last season and added another £16/17M to it out of the £30M the club received from the extra tv cash. Out of that, last season's team was consolidated. We are left short of real cover for RB and have Stones standing between us and a collapsing season at the hands of two men well into their 30's (one hurtling toward 40).

Record signing, yes. Top quality exciting marquee signing in Eto'o, yes. But we have come out of that window completely exposed. How anyone can be delighted with it I honestly dont know, and I expect that attitude to change when the season resumes and we continue to struggle to find form.

Bottom line is that this lot penny pinched again and failed us miserably. Regardless of what you think of the player, the Cleverly haggling was just typical Everton clown shoes hierarchy games to save a few quid and the custard pie was duly delivered into their stupid faces.

Totally agree mate

Status
Not open for further replies.