Grade for this transfer window

What grade would you give us for this transfer window

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
B- on average, I do think that the lack of experienced cover at CB will cost us so grades should be given for the third across the park:

Strikers: A+++
Midfielders: A-/B+
Defenders: F (unless Galloway becomes half rock half beast, but at the moment it's an F)

efc__1318009711_gueye.jpg
He's doing that to make himself look a little less fat and slow

No one sold and a bunch of quality brought in with a nice balance of youth (Lukaku, Besic) and experience (Barry, Eto'o). In the world of reality (rather than the world where we are Real Madrid and not an almost broke club with limited revenue streams), this is a fantastic window. I think we are attracting players for our "philosophy" and our manager. It could all go tits up, but I'm really pleased.

I've had a few so understand that .I do not think we have covered all the positions in the the team.

Just do not believe we have made the team as strong as they should be for the four competitions we are involved
this season.

Still the same old Kenwright he gets away with murder but loads of bluenoses will back him .Me I just despair for the
future of Everton Football Club.

We don't need another CB. We arguably need better CB's but 4 is plenty, given Besic can play there if needed. I am a huge Duffy fan but he needed to move on. No quality defender is going to sit around and play 5th choice. For me Martinez has blind faith in Alcaraz. Don't know why but he does. He should have gotten rid along with Hibbert.

As a squad we are still missing a CAM.

I give a D but now after the Eto'o signing which i think is our best bit of business gonna raise it to a C, a couple of injuries and i think we will be in trouble

There is literally two clubs in the league that this doesn't apply to.
Even Chelsea might be in trouble with a couple of long injuries as they have 5 senior players for their back four (Cahill, Terry, Ivanovic, Azpilicueta, Luis)

They have three quality youngsters (Zouma, Ake, Christensen) but don't think any of them have played a minute in the league let alone the champions league.

Great window really. Bringing in Eto'o and lukaku is top top business. Making Barry permanent along with adding besic and the returning Gibson really strengthens the Central midfield options.

I'm concerned about the defence but happy to be proved wrong. I'm not concerned about Jags and Distin, there both very good defenders who just need to get up and running as they've done year in year out for years now and will be fine.

However it's depth in defense that is the worry. Alcaraz just won't be fit enough to help the team, and he's average at best. Hibbert was finished 2 yrs ago and is the complete opposite to a modern day RB. Coleman & jags or Distin going down at the same time will leave us in big trouble!

Let's just hope Galloway is a star already and ready to help the first team.

Overall I'd have to say B given defense has been neglected so naively by bobby.

Last edited:

LMAO @ C+

I guess our previous windows have all be F- then.

We've bought:

-A 21 year old proven slotter
-A veteran defensive midfielder who was boss for us last year
-A veteran striker for cover (most people's biggest concern for the window)...who happens to be a world renowned player
-A 21 year old defensive midfielder who looks like he's gonna be boss...even if his first touch was as bad as possible
-An 18 year old defender.

We've sold:
Mageye Gueye
Shane Duffy

C+ my arse.

Remember that year we sold Yakubu, Arteta and Beckford and brought in Straq on loan?

Oh yeah, that was HEAPS better!

Status
Not open for further replies.