GOT World Exclusive - video footage of the Lille police incident - CONTAINS BAD LANGUAGE

Status
Not open for further replies.
What's in the mongy one's hand, his hand just goes into the bottom red ring.

Thats the CS gas mate, they have a huge great pump spray of the stuff, like in this...

article-1353297-0D0AA134000005DC-23_634x354.jpg

3 of those French undercover police who were in the square when it kicked off, were also at Lille station on friday evening monitoring the Everton fans queuing for the Eurostar train, i recognised them from the photos i've seen today.
I spent 2 days and 2 nights in Lille, and found the locals very polite and friendly. I was in the main square most of thursday, but had gone off looking for a supermarket for more ale when the incident happened.
A local barman who i spoke to explained that for days before, all the talk was of all the Everton "hooligans" coming to invade Lille, which was perhaps stoked up by the local media. It seems to me that despite those couple of incidents, the vast majority enjoyed their time in Lille.
The only black mark goes to the French police, who were obviously hyped up for trouble, and when they realised nothing was going to happen, decided to kick it off themselves by making a high profile violent arrest using undercover armed police.
I'm no expert here, but surely if you wanted to make an arrest without potentially sparking trouble amongst a large crowd of football fans, then you would wait for a more opportune moment !
Roll on Hannover/Wolfsburg next month, i'm sure the German police will behave in a better manner, such as we saw in Nuremberg.

Agreed their policing was the only dissappointment. Found two snide kebab shops who made this samurai sauce which was the best I've ever tasted.

<edited by moderator to remove quote>

Thats just an excuse then for them to use CS and tear gas again in future.

Best to get them to admit they were wrong and reform, since Everton may have to travel to France again in future.

Plus we're not Liverpool Football Club.

Last edited by a moderator:

Thats just an excuse then for them to use CS and tear gas again in future.

Best to get them to admit they were wrong and reform, since Everton may have to travel to France again in future.

Plus we're not Liverpool Football Club.

we might go there again in this comp this season, and to a place with a far more sinister rep than Lille.

I liked them that much I had one just after all the kick off in the square. Then after the game , some snide turkesh sit in.

It's a case for letting some of 'em through at Calais tbh.

*Race dependant obviously.

Actually I think we met briefly outside maccies, did you get Big John (from Aberdeen) his ticket, I was stood with them when he got it.

No wasnt me mate , I got michaelgt5 tickets but that was the night before we left (tuesday).
Didn't meet anyone other than Mike from GOT , it's not something you ask when you bump into blues. Maybe I need stop being anti social

all my daughter say's now is gur kebab, tidy your clothes away, GUR KEBAB wash the dishes GUR KEBAB. etc great day, great fan's nice to meet fellow evertonian's , reidy's bottle etc etc,

The everton disable supporters group are putting in a complaint too, said the facilities werent up to scratch and the police were even heavy handed with them

Status
Not open for further replies.