GOT World Exclusive - video footage of the Lille police incident - CONTAINS BAD LANGUAGE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Joe Verdin retweeted
Tom Plews ‏@TomPlews 23h23 hours ago
Was in Lille square for about 5 mins yesterday when my mate went to get a drink, he went to a bar down a quiet side street .....

... As he was on his way back the square he noticed he was being followed by about 10 or more people who he believed were Lille fans...

... 3 of the men started to get very close to him looking very aggressive because he had heard of the trouble the night before ...

... He decided to try and get away from the situation and ran into the crowd being chased by who he thought were Lille fans ...

.. When they shouted police he turned around and was tackled to the ground and dragged Into a shop by police were he was gassed twice...

.. That is when the riot started, the police are saying he was a known football hooligan and drug dealer who was spotted dealing drugs...

.Also stating it was him who started the trouble the night before, we didn't get to Lille until Thursday and he had no drugs on him at all..

... He was released today with no charge because there was no evidence against him and several police officers have given completely..

.. Accounts of what happened he was not allowed a phone call or anything to eat, he has been to 2 matches in two years and it was his..

...1st away game he had ever been to even in England some football hooligan that, that's the truth of what happened please share this story

Joe Verdin retweeted
Was in Lille square for about 5 mins yesterday when my mate went to get a drink, he went to a bar down a quiet side street .....

... As he was on his way back the square he noticed he was being followed by about 10 or more people who he believed were Lille fans...

... 3 of the men started to get very close to him looking very aggressive because he had heard of the trouble the night before ...

... He decided to try and get away from the situation and ran into the crowd being chased by who he thought were Lille fans ...

.. When they shouted police he turned around and was tackled to the ground and dragged Into a shop by police were he was gassed twice...

.. That is when the riot started, the police are saying he was a known football hooligan and drug dealer who was spotted dealing drugs...

.Also stating it was him who started the trouble the night before, we didn't get to Lille until Thursday and he had no drugs on him at all..

... He was released today with no charge because there was no evidence against him and several police officers have given completely..

.. Accounts of what happened he was not allowed a phone call or anything to eat, he has been to 2 matches in two years and it was his..

...1st away game he had ever been to even in England some football hooligan that, that's the truth of what happened please share this story
hope the lad is ok now

Joe Verdin retweeted

From where I stood , I heard no shouting of police, police , no visible armbands either. Could have been anyone as police where easily identifiable thoughout the city. Hope your mate is ok and like many have said , the police wanted some action and got it.

Joe Verdin retweeted

Needs to go to EFC with this. If its true and he's no criminal history. Even worse.

Can be reported by EFC to UEFA.

So, let's get this right. A guy goes to France. He's got a criminal record. So he's jumped on by the police. Had he done anything? Or is this legal practice in France?

From where I stood , I heard no shouting of police, police , no visible armbands either. Could have been anyone as police where easily identifiable thoughout the city. Hope your mate is ok and like many have said , the police wanted some action and got it.
3 of those French undercover police who were in the square when it kicked off, were also at Lille station on friday evening monitoring the Everton fans queuing for the Eurostar train, i recognised them from the photos i've seen today.
I spent 2 days and 2 nights in Lille, and found the locals very polite and friendly. I was in the main square most of thursday, but had gone off looking for a supermarket for more ale when the incident happened.
A local barman who i spoke to explained that for days before, all the talk was of all the Everton "hooligans" coming to invade Lille, which was perhaps stoked up by the local media. It seems to me that despite those couple of incidents, the vast majority enjoyed their time in Lille.
The only black mark goes to the French police, who were obviously hyped up for trouble, and when they realised nothing was going to happen, decided to kick it off themselves by making a high profile violent arrest using undercover armed police.
I'm no expert here, but surely if you wanted to make an arrest without potentially sparking trouble amongst a large crowd of football fans, then you would wait for a more opportune moment !
Roll on Hannover/Wolfsburg next month, i'm sure the German police will behave in a better manner, such as we saw in Nuremberg.

image7-jpg.4834

I was walking away from the Square about 1.30 pm. with me lad and we came across that lot outside a wine shop. They were all laughing and messing around and the one with the grey hoodie, with the Mohican haircut, was trying to shove his truncheon up the backside of the one with the brown jacket and grey hoodie. Looked a right bunch of thugs out for 'some action'.

It is clear. Anyone throwing bottles let themselves and the club down. We aren't into blaming anyone else.

However the videos and images show none of that happened until after the non-uniformed police came in

wielding battons
spraying pepper spray
two tear gas cannisters fired.

Then the bottles (isolated to about maybe 20 bottles) got thrown.

Then rubber bullets fired (despite denials yesterday).

It was disproportionate. If they were making arrests they only needed battons maximum. Not a shock and awe campaign.

They only thing thing they didn't throw was a kitchen sink.

No matter how the French police and the local politicians try and portray this they looked inept and no matter what they say and they are trying, everyone can see what happened.

Now. If it happens on Merseyside I will be very disappointed. We win de facto against these idiotic police by being immaculate to the visiting French fans.
Were you even there?

Maybe ISIS caused it?

The French undercover cop on the right with the mohican haircut and grey hoodie looks to be enjoying himself too much, looking at the grin on his face !

Status
Not open for further replies.