Gibson

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good point. Our squad starts to look a lot stronger next season . Our boss has been bloody unlucky with Gibson and Kone injuries in particular , Alcaraz is another story ( big gamble fitness -wise ) midfield options of McCarthy ,Gibson ,Pienaar ,Osman , Barkley & Barry ( Villa my arse,he signs for us ) . Injuries are always gonna play a part but how he has re-jigged the pieces of the puzzle to cover for absentees has been impressive . Gibson is a perfect player for the Martinez way ...............

I miss Gibson.

We were a drastically better side under Moyes whenever Gibson played. Looks to pass the ball forward and continually keeps us ticking over.

Probably has the best eye for a pass of the players we have at the club.

Yes.

I thought that Fellani looked a much better player when Gibbo was holding in midfield, allowing the big lad to roam further forward during that purple patch we had from January 2012 until the Wembley second half fiasco.

Some amount of utter crap being spouted in this thread. Some of the comments are embarrassing. Gibbo was a revelation for us when he arrived which i think everyone can agree was a massive surprise. When he first started playing for us I think it was like a year until we lost a game which he played in. Some of his passing was mind-blowing and his defensive play off the ball was very intelligent.

When he was at his peak, he could take a short ball off the defense and link with the wing-backs / wingers / strikers to set up an attack as good as any top midfielder in the premiership. He was an excellent player and I expect that we'll support him 100% to help him get back to playing as good as he was before this nasty injury (even during pre-season I remember watching him and just thinking wow!!) Ideally, he will be ready to fill in for Barry for the city game but I suspect that's highly wishful thinking.

Anyway, he is player that will fit perfectly into Martinez system when he comes back and anyone who's forgotten just how good he was for us please watch this video and remind yourself just how important he will be for us next season (and possibly at the end of this current one) when he's fully fit again.

For me he's best passer of a ball in our squad, and I thought that before seeing that vid. And people can say YouTube makes anyone look good but that's just a clip from a single game, and look at the range of passing and how positive he is, always looks to go forward or switch the play and rarely wastes a pass.

As good as Barry & McCarthy have been, none of em posses the passing ability of what Gibbo does IMO!

Next season, with no set backs and a good pre season behind him, he'll be a valuable squad/team player.

I do think some people over hype how important Gibson is

Really good player like, would never dispute that

I've just never seen why he's SO loved by some people

Would rather him be with us than not be, but I don't think he's the final piece of the puzzle that we need to finally get over the line

He's a talented footballer who will fit in well with the players we already have, but that's about it in my eyes.

I do think some people over hype how important Gibson is

Really good player like, would never dispute that

I've just never seen why he's SO loved by some people

Would rather him be with us than not be, but I don't think he's the final piece of the puzzle that we need to finally get over the line

He's a talented footballer who will fit in well with the players we already have, but that's about it in my eyes.

He gets hyped because he was a bright spot in the past few years of groks. He has great vision and passing range and isn't afraid to have a go from a ways out.

We don't have anyone else like him currently, and while we're doing just fine without I think he'd be a nice addition to our squad.

I do think a bit of the love in is because he was being compared with Phil Neville, Hitz, and Osman in the CM role. He's head and shoulders above that group and the love stems from that. Not sure if he'll look quite so great when we're comparing to Barry and McCarthy. He'll still be a good option though if the glassmaker gets it right this time.

He gets hyped because he was a bright spot in the past few years of groks. He has great vision and passing range and isn't afraid to have a go from a ways out.

We don't have anyone else like him currently, and while we're doing just fine without I think he'd be a nice addition to our squad.

I do think a bit of the love in is because he was being compared with Phil Neville, Hitz, and Osman in the CM role. He's head and shoulders above that group and the love stems from that. Not sure if he'll look quite so great when we're comparing to Barry and McCarthy. He'll still be a good option though if the glassmaker gets it right this time.

It seems a bit too much IMO

Never, ever had a problem with Gibbo though

That goal against City gave him a perpetual free pass in my eyes

It'll help his game massively having a Tasmanian Devil next to him to do all the running and tackling and he can just ping the ball about at will.

Status
Not open for further replies.