Gibson

Status
Not open for further replies.
We've been very lucky that Barry and McCarthy have not had any serious injuries this season. One of them goes, we have nobody who can fill in reliably. We need Gibson...

Great passer of the ball, will be good to have him back for depth. It never happens like but if we actually had all our players fit we have a pretty tidy squad.

Him coming back for next season , we'll have Gibbo, McCarthy, Barry as first teamers, I think we could do with another playmaker, or Yaya toure type player and we're sorted with Osman as backup, imagine being able to switch through that midfield..

I shudder to think how many goals Lukaku would have banged in with the incisive passing Gibbo provides , all over the show really, that vid was the tits and shows us what we missed after that brutal injury .He adds ,simple as...............

Memories are short. He was pivotal for the club up until his injury.

Will be great to have him adding depth when he returns and quality when he's on the pitch

No doing too badly without him are we? I haven't looked at the table for an hour or so but were still 4th aren't we. haha? Yes I appreciate, we need squad players, but Gibsons featured in 2 games this season. Oviedo is back in the gym working his socks off, while Gibbo smokes, drinks and promotes terrible grammar on twitter.
Seeing as you're such a grammar Nazi, I couldn't help but notice you've omitted an apostrophe.
I've reported this post to the Apostrophe Protection Society. (http://www.apostrophe.org.uk/) May they come down hard on you and compound noun your ass.

Oh, and don't agree with the original premise. Gibson's been a good player for us. Sadly I think his long term fitness is the reason why we got him on the cheap. As others have said, I think there've been times when we could really have used him this season. Excellent passer, and even if we can get 20 games out of him next season, he'll be invaluable cover for Barry when he needs a rest (although I'm sure he'll get some enforced rests due to his penchant for the colour yellow.)

Tbh the more I think about it, the more I'm realising how great it is that we'll have Barry next year as it takes the pressure off gibbo to play every game which will by virtue massively reduce the risk of him getting injured! We'll be very fortunate to be able to rotate between those lads. It'll be a huge boost to our campaign next season without having to spend mega bucks to buy another midfielder of that ilk.

I think Martinez will have more patience in returning Gibson to action.

You can see with Jags he really doesn't like to rush a player back.

I miss Gibson.

We were a drastically better side under Moyes whenever Gibson played. Looks to pass the ball forward and continually keeps us ticking over.

Probably has the best eye for a pass of the players we have at the club.

great player gibbo looks like a lard arse but he works his bollicks off and has the best range of passing at the club imo. Be fantastic if he was fit for the man city game

Its not as if we are rushing him back this season so a few bevvies on holiday isn't going to upset the applecart. I just hope that he stays much fitter next season when we need all hands on deck for Europe.

Status
Not open for further replies.