Gibson

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gibson is a quality player - you just have to look at the number of games he has played and we have not lost (80%+) - based on last season, as he has not played much this season.

Putting it out their. I think we would be better with a fit Gibson in the team. I think he is alround a better footy player than Barry.

Going forward, yes, I'd agree with you 100%. Defensively though, Barry is better at breaking up the play. He has an uncanny knack for spotting an attack and positioning himself perfectly to snuff it out with a snide tackle and a raising of a solitary eyebrow in complete disdain at the opponent who dared try and dribble round him.

Add that to Gibson's game, sort out his long term fitness, and we'll have a very good midfield partnership on our hands with him and wee ginge.

Going forward, yes, I'd agree with you 100%. Defensively though, Barry is better at breaking up the play. He has an uncanny knack for spotting an attack and positioning himself perfectly to snuff it out with a snide tackle and a raising of a solitary eyebrow in complete disdain at the opponent who dared try and dribble round him.

Add that to Gibson's game, sort out his long term fitness, and we'll have a very good midfield partnership on our hands with him and wee ginge.
That's spot on.

But I guess that's what you get from playing a defender in midfield gradually over the years lol

Do you reckon Osman will play alongside McCarthy vs man city? Or Gibson could be back. Can't see Gibson starting a game at all this season maybe a run out last 20 mins though?

He breaks it up because he just runs at them bringing them down.

I think Gibson is more controlled, and tracks runners brilliantly. Barry not so much tracks them, but knocks them over.

I like them both, and its great we can have this debate.

He breaks it up because he just runs at them bringing them down.

I think Gibson is more controlled, and tracks runners brilliantly. Barry not so much tracks them, but knocks them over.

I like them both, and its great we can have this debate.

I think why I like Barry so much is because he's a magnificent snide. He does it without refs noticing, while causing uproar amongst the opposition.

If Gibson added a bit of snide to his game, and his knees stop falling apart, he'll be superb for years to come.

The Antique Roadshow (Burmingham) had some old duck bring her grandma's Georgian piece. It was called 'the glass man'. I thought "hell, Gibbo gets around. One minute he's rehydrating in Dubai and the next he's in the Black Country!!"

Gibbo and pregnant Mrs. on a beach somewhere. I have to say he's looking well for someone who doesn't 'take care of themselves'.

Bof34g5CEAA9qd-.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.