Games you have missed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Great result last!! But from a personal note first game I have missed in over ten years was gutting to miss it -atmosphere was not done justice on tv . Reminded me of missing the 2-0 derby win Ferguson/ Rideout the last time I had missed a game at Goodison. Prior to that the Watford cup final as missed the game they gave out vouchers for.

Which game do you regret missing the most?

Bayern Munich at home.

I had to go to a funeral in Ireland.

Some people just up and die with no consideration of how it impacts other people's lives :mad:

Great result last!! But from a personal note first game I have missed in over ten years was gutting to miss it -atmosphere was not done justice on tv . Reminded me of missing the 2-0 derby win Ferguson/ Rideout the last time I had missed a game at Goodison. Prior to that the Watford cup final as missed the game they gave out vouchers for.

Which game do you regret missing the most?

The United cup semi the other year. It was my birthday weekend and couldn't get a ticket. Would have been unreal that.

I went in the top balcony that night thinking I'll get a great seat at Wembley.Wrong number, thing is Bob I remember it wasn't a massive crowd that game probably less than our allocation for Wembley, luckily a friend got me one .
It wasn't I remember - unfortunately I was an 11 year old without any real contacts for tickets. Never again!! Although already worrying about tickets for the final - semi we are well catered for but isn't it about 23,000? Do we have around 26,000 STH ? Thats alot who will miss out

Getting locked out of the 3-2 v Wimbledon, emotions shot to pieces over the road by Stanley Park. Well bladdered that night.

I was the last thru my turnstile at the steet end. The guy on the turnstile tried to shut the door in front of me (as I could see my brother looking back at me from inside).... I managed to block his attempt and he let me thru before he closed it behind me....Makes such a memorable day even more memorable...

Missed plenty of others though

It wasn't I remember - unfortunately I was an 11 year old without any real contacts for tickets. Never again!! Although already worrying about tickets for the final - semi we are well catered for but isn't it about 23,000? Do we have around 26,000 STH ? Thats alot who will miss out

28 1/2 thousand each for final, 80% of tickets so semi must be at least that amount.
Season ticket holders should be fine I hope. It'll just be when you can purchase that is determined by 'away credits' which can mean you could end up with very expensive ones if at the back of the queue.

Missed 2 home games in 30 years as a season ticket holder (better blue me, la):

Aug 1990, the 2-3 defeat to Leeds with Southall doing his sit-in.

Oct 1999. 1-1 with Coventry, Don Hutchinson & Richard Gough had a fight with each other on the pitch.

Stuff always goes down when I miss a home game.

Nearly missed Saturday's game, I got back from America on Monday after 2 months there with work so my body clock is pretty shot, hence why I'm awake now.

I'd been awake since 4 and was absolutely shattered so went for a power hour at 3, when my alarm went off at 4 I felt even worse. Was supposed to meet the rest of the lads at half past, had I not been the one who had the tickets I wouldn't have got out of bed. I was close to just dropping the tickets off and giving mine to someone in the pub, only that I'd got up and dressed so thought well I might as well go now. What a mistake that would have been!

I celebrated the win by going the Chippy on the way home and falling asleep on the couch, rock n roll! :pint2:

Rotterdam - stupid sod

Last Derby won - though I'd just had a heart attack.

Used to do 450 miles round trip 10 years ago for gown games. Have only missed about 10 home games I could reasonably have gone to - illness or other commitments prevented being there. Have chosen to miss 2 games only and hated every minute. Had to miss Leicester this season when the missus broke a bone in her foot on the morning of the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.