Games you have missed

Status
Not open for further replies.

big bobs beard

Player Valuation: £8m
Great result last!! But from a personal note first game I have missed in over ten years was gutting to miss it -atmosphere was not done justice on tv . Reminded me of missing the 2-0 derby win Ferguson/ Rideout the last time I had missed a game at Goodison. Prior to that the Watford cup final as missed the game they gave out vouchers for.

Which game do you regret missing the most?

Great result last!! But from a personal note first game I have missed in over ten years was gutting to miss it -atmosphere was not done justice on tv . Reminded me of missing the 2-0 derby win Ferguson/ Rideout the last time I had missed a game at Goodison. Prior to that the Watford cup final as missed the game they gave out vouchers for.

That game you missed was Arsenal,and the voucher never guaranteed a ticket.

8/9/1888, gritty 2-1 win against Accrington Stanley.

Everton 3 Bayern Munich 1!!!!!!!
Closely followed by Everton 1 Southampton 0 Highbury semi final, Rapid Vienna and the 4-4 Derby.
God know how I managed to miss games like that!!!!

That game you missed was Arsenal,and the voucher never guaranteed a ticket.

I know - you used to get the end number about half got a ticket and half didn't. Learned the hard way and had a season ticket ever since. Mind you I was 11 at the time and wasn't allowed to go to midweek games by my mum as used to go with my mates for Sat games!

....hope you're busy for the semi final.

Elland Road 95 semi. Had already commited to a driving and roadie job for a gig in London. Only found out result 10 mins after game had finished by sneaking up to the dressing room to sweat on the radio. 3 lads in the band were Blues so i careered back downstairs so i could tell them whilst they were on stage and in the process confused the F out of an American band (Ted Poley`s Bone Machine) who were also on the bill.

I know - you used to get the end number about half got a ticket and half didn't. Learned the hard way and had a season ticket ever since. Mind you I was 11 at the time and wasn't allowed to go to midweek games by my mum as used to go with my mates for Sat games!
I went in the top balcony that night thinking I'll get a great seat at Wembley.Wrong number, thing is Bob I remember it wasn't a massive crowd that game probably less than our allocation for Wembley, luckily a friend got me one .

Status
Not open for further replies.