• EBEPTOH

Votes: 170 58.2%
  • Draw lad

Votes: 94 32.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok, truffle shuffle is missing upfront but they still have loads of high calibre attack options. Theres only really Chelsea in the league so stacked in attack but Chelsea back it up with heavy set defense. This is match thread that has moved on though. Close Blind down and put the defence of Man U under pressure, Fellaini will obviously play and throw himself about a bit.
If their attackers click for an hour they'll score, can we ruffle them and get a groove on going forward? Coleman and Pienaar can't be back soon enough - and being bad at that.

They started strongly and we were under a bit of pressure for the first 20 mins but I thought we improved towards end of first half (and second half as well).

They compacted the midfield quite well tonight and initially pressed our defence a lot but to be fair we looked car lot more comfortable playing out from the back in the second half.

BTW I thought it was a cracking little game....if yer heart wasn't in yer gob most the time....:(

End to end stuff and chances a plenty.

I would have thought it a treat for the neutral fan.
Nah end to end involves the ball going to both ends, we were under seige for 80 minutes then ground them down into submission.

I thought we were a bit poo.

We got a point in a difficult away tie and remain favourites to top the group despite being poo.

I'm pleased but frustrated at the same time.

I wish we would stop being poo.

(I think my subconscious is telling me go to the toilet.)

Had to miss it! Birthday do and then drinks at mine. Was itching to watch but others weren't too bothered so played the musak instead. Checked the score every 5 though. Were we any good guys? cos I looked on here at page 17 and it's now 138ish. And the missus is giving me funny looks for bed...... She kinda does that. Bunk eyed!

Just read BBC report. Lacklustre, mistake and Salvaged seem to be the buzz words. Guessing it wasn't great shakes. 4 points from 6 though and a really tricky away game under our belt. Can't be all bad.

I didnt see a minute of the game and according to BBC report we were "lacklustre" and "etooooo rescued a point"

Were we that bad? really?

and also something the BBC decided was important to show...look at these fuggin bricks!

Russian Army fans to bolster support apparently.

whats the Russian for " green army green army"

View attachment 4329

Yes we were, until the equaliser it was as bad as anything we ever saw under Walter Smith. After the equaliser we looked the more likely winners, but still contrived to give them a half chance in the final seconds!

Good away result with a poor performance against a good team.

Stones was outstanding again. We are blessed to have him.

Hibbert did well and was solid. Can't understand the bad raps he was getting here today.

We must be getting a discount for playing Atsu because he is clearly not ready and should not be playing.

Gibson's passing was shocking. It is clear now that he was out so long because he was being fitted with bionic legs, but they haven't been calibrated properly because the weight and direction of his passing is all over the place!

Osman can only play in a narrow 10 yard band around their penalty area where he does have some neat touches and links the play up. In this type of game where the action is in our half he is a big liability.

When Lukaku is playing he draws at least 2 defenders to him, which makes him look ineffective at times, but creates space for the other forwards that we should exploit more often.

We're top of the group!

Watched the game.

Osman did exactly what he has done for the last 12 years. He showed exaclt why he has been fantastic in certain aspects, then 2 seconds later showed why he should be nowhere near the first 11. Need to accept you are a sub at this point leon!

Status
Not open for further replies.