• EBEPTOH

Votes: 170 58.2%
  • Draw lad

Votes: 94 32.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Another thing, according to stats they had just one more shot ON target than we did (6) and possession was 46-54 in our favour.

How the hell is that so? My memory of the game is now just a montage of us giving the ball away and letting them run at us.

In the first 10 minutes of the second half they must have had near enough 100% possession save for Howard goal kicks!

I only saw the second half of the game. From what I saw, I am pleased with the point, especially considering that Lille and Wolfsburg drew, so we're two and three points ahead from our respective opponents, which is an excellent position to continue the group from.

Another thing, according to stats they had just one more shot ON target than we did (6) and possession was 46-54 in our favour.

How the hell is that so? My memory of the game is now just a montage of us giving the ball away and letting them run at us.

In the first 10 minutes of the second half they must have had near enough 100% possession save for Howard goal kicks!

Your correct. It's just that we had the last 12 minutes of the ball ourselves which probably evened it out a bit. Your eyes didn't desert you, we were crap especially that spell you mention. Eto'o though scoring for Everton...In Europe.... quality that isn't it ;)

You are forgetting that we set up four or five of their chances.

If, hypothetically, a user serving a ban, logs on as a multi and sticks his head over the parapet in a very noticeable way, then said user would be making a mistake.

Anyway, back on topic, we're top of the League !!
All be it, Group H of the Europa League after two games.

Top top top the league

It could have been a HUGE day for us had we won.

However, based on that first half showing, and the fact that Darron Gibson managed to play the whole ninety minutes, I'll take it like a victory.
Krasnodar proved that their all about counter attacking with their pace, and that's an excellent trait to have for a upcoming side, they proved a real handful, and it's only really when they stopped attacking, and trying to cling to the 1-0, did we come alive.

Thankfully, we let a few defensive errors not be punished, that effort off the bar for them, was possibly the worse bit of defending i'd seen in a while. However, Lukaku looked keen to make the difference, and i hope that a few fans will get off his back for that effort. I thought the stick ITV were giving Hibbert was shocking, he's 33, he can't play every week, yet alone 3 games in 9 games, he did a good job given the circumstances.

McGeady, well he doesn't do a lot, but he gave it a real go today, and i can appreciate that, he never give up, even when we were on the ropes, and as for Eto'o, proper striker isn't he!

We all said beforehand, we'd love a point, we got one.

We stand top of the group, with two home games left, and two aways, which will feature well in excess of 5,000 Evertonians at each one. We don't even have to win them, two home games, and we win both, we're through. Imagine the satisfaction at being able to go to Germany, and already being through. Krasnodar away for VfL Wolfsburg next, another draw, and a win for us, and i'd say we're through.

Come on blues!

in all seriousness thought Jags look more confident on the ball, thought he was Stones at one point but off the ball...well you know the story

We'll win both of our home games and I reckon we'll get a point at Lille. Sorted. Performance was poor but Wolfsburg and Lille have to go and play there. Good point tonight.

Delighted with the opening results from this group, be grand if the other 3 carry on drawing with each other.

We have to improve our levels of performance soon though, preferably on Sunday, but there was something sweet about playing crap and still coming away with something from a tough fixture.

Status
Not open for further replies.