• EBEPTOH

Votes: 170 58.2%
  • Draw lad

Votes: 94 32.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
And a win should be entirely possible given a break with fitness and recoveries from injury... and a massive travelling Blue support, who genuinely could be influential on the night.
Definitely, plus RM will probably play a stronger XI for that one. If Everton can find some form then they can take care of business early.

Poor performance, poor game but a great result.

The year we won the Cup Winners Cup we were lucky to survive against an Irish university team in the early rounds.

I think we drew 0-0 Dublin then we won 1-0 at Goodison.

But they missed a sitter which would have put us out on away goals.

Last edited:
You're all underestimating how good a result that was.

For a side with not much experience in Europe, to go to one of the furthest away cities in the Europa League (only Qarabag [Baku- Azerbaijan] and Astana [Kazakhstan] are further I think).

To go there and steal a draw is huge. Krasnodar would have put their houses on winning their 3 home games. We've nicked a draw and put a hole in their confidence.

That's 2 points less for Krasnodar, and it's a point that Lille and VfL most likely will not get.

Huge performance, huge result. Hearing Allez Allez OH and School of Science at the end was a great touch, good effort to everyone who went.

The fact we thought we could have snuck a win just shows how well we did.

Unfortunately we've just shown LOSC and VfL what to do, but hopefully they won't pull it off as well as we did.

I agree. Certainly I am not particularly concerned about the result.

Although much had been made of Krasnodar's (until now) 100% home record in europe, I think we were all a bit taken aback as to how fit, sharp and hungry this side was.

They didn't tire like Kharkiv, roll over like Brann or play dirty like Bucharest - they are proper, and will be challenging for the title and gracing the Champions League on a regular basis within the next 2-3 years.

What DOES concern me though is the slack passing and lack of urgency or movement in general. It just isn't being addressed and this season is nearly 2 months old - 3 if you count pre-season.

Tonight was no different to the Palace or Chelsea games in terms of being cavalier with possession and if it continues like this I can't see anything other than a relegation fight.

How many times did we wish for creativity and firepower under Moyes? They aren't basics, you can only get them through astute purchases and the correct training methods. But now, infuriatingly, our creative, goal-poaching team has FORGOTTEN the basics! Just when the hell are we going to have both?!?!

Also, Mirallas. If you are reading this, please come back ASAP. Atsu needs benching forever unless he learns to run at defenders a la Kanchelskis rather than try and find the less pacy Eto'o/Lukaku/Nais with an absolute nowhere ball.

One of McGeady's better games (though "better" is a relative term, as in 1% in an exam is better than 0%), can't hold a candle to Kev, end of.

Ripped Newcastle and Stoke apart. Scored a few goals got a few assists.

I think because he came from Barcelona everyone expected him to be Messi. He contributed a fair bit to us last season and I'd have him back in a heartbeat.

He is not.

I know Deulofeu wasn't everyone's cup of tea and fair enough, can understand why.

But he could change a game in a flash, Arsenal, and run a game, Newcastle.

Can't see Atsu doing that. But I'll give him a bit more time.

OK, granted...he wasn't terrible. He did have 2 or 3 games where him being on the pitch wasn't a complete waste of time.

I did like the guy - I just wished he was better at football.

If we'd signed him permanently over the summer, how would you have felt about that?

Tough one to watch. So many giveaways in midfield, no flow to the play. We need McCarthy back for Sunday. Barry and Gibson not enough pace, movement, tenacity. Atsu has pace, but that is all.
Some positives, though - got a point in Russia. I love Eto'o and Rom together on the field. Eto'os holdup play and passing with work well with Rom's power and movement. I hope to see more of that. McGeady showed a few flashes and tracked back more than usual. He'll need both in the absence of Mirallas. Stones is a baller. Can't say that enough.
Overall, I'm not feeling too confident going to Old Trafford.

Another positive I thought was our set pieces.

Corners in particular were at least beating the first man and arriving in the danger zone.

Last edited:
Plenty to take from that.
Krasnodar were a very good team. Better than I expected, it'll be a tight group this.
We defended well, didn't let them break us down bar the goal but lacked the out ball once we'd won it in the tackle. That limited us going forward and invited pressure onto us which we dealt with well.
Lacked quality and drive on the ball in possession. Needed to force things less and instead of trying to feed Lukaku in the channels every time or hoofing it to him build our way up the field and get him into the box.
When we played with any kind of quality going forward we created chances and scored.
Given we effectively played a second XI and the amount of travel that was needed, I'm fairly happy with the draw against a good team.
Hibbo and Stones played very well.

OK, granted...he wasn't terrible. He did have 2 or 3 games where him being on the pitch wasn't a complete waste of time.

I did like the guy - I just wished he was better at football.

If we'd signed him permanently over the summer, how would you have felt about that?

Deulofeu or Atsu?

If we'd have signed Deulofeu on a perm I'd have windmilled until sodding Christmas!

image.jpg

HAHAHAHAHA

Status
Not open for further replies.