Everton Youth Teams Thread

Charlie Whitaker is in the training shots for tomorrow nights u21 game, it’s really good to see him “ back on the grass” as Dyche would say . One of our most unlucky players in the past few years. Hopefully this is him getting back again .
Yes I liked Charlie going back a couple of seasons ago he looked a very god prospect, injuries have definitely held him back!!

Two parties to a loan though, somebody needs to want Hunt, then we need to let him go. I think Hunt and Kyle John are a bit like Joe Anderson , good solid u21 players for us who won’t get first team minutes, with teams unsure whether to take them on loan . But if they can get them for free/ cheap from Everton they’d likely take a punt on them.
Was stunned Unsworth never tried to take John with him to Oldham.

I think Hunt is a clear class above those though and there's a reason Dyche keeps including him in first team squads. For all Dyches possible faults with not picking any youth, the ones who have made a 1st team squad this season were the standouts for me tonight. I just don't think he will ever trust them.

I think Hunt is a clear class above those though and there's a reason Dyche keeps including him in first team squads. For all Dyches possible faults with not picking any youth, the ones who have made a 1st team squad this season were the standouts for me tonight. I just don't think he will ever trust them.
Hunt, Dobbin then Chermiti in that order stood out for me. Some others may improve with age and experience.

Hunt is versatile , can cover left back and left midfield which makes him good for the bench, I don’t think it’s a question of trust, more that you don’t bring him on to win the game or change things, Dobbin and Chermiti are more likely to do that.

A satisfactory result , 2-1 , not a great deal of style , a lot of industry and good to see Charlie Whitaker getting time off the bench.
Djankpata and Metcalfe were solid in a too , it’ll be interesting to see if any scouts watching fancy taking one of them on loan . Chermiti did enough too in terms of workrate at back and up front , he needs these 90 mins games.

….i didn’t watch the game but encouraging if Chermiti is at least looking the part.

….i didn’t watch the game but encouraging if Chermiti is at least looking the part.
Chermiti is very much a 19 year old still developing, not ready to start at PL level yet I’d say. Hes closer to DCL, decent in the air , flicking on kicks from the goalkeeper, heading out opposing corners , harassing defenders - which lead to his neatly taken goal. He doesn’t have the physical presence, powerful running of Beto , but the potential is there.

I can't have Baines as a coach tbh, the under 18's just look very ordinary, Im not sure what he is trying to do with them tbh.
He’s just got a really poor group of players this year although next years aren’t much better either.

That’s not me defending Baines. I don’t know what he’s like as a coach but I do know these players and I also know he’s got some really good coaches alongside him.

Chermiti is very much a 19 year old still developing, not ready to start at PL level yet I’d say. Hes closer to DCL, decent in the air , flicking on kicks from the goalkeeper, heading out opposing corners , harassing defenders - which lead to his neatly taken goal. He doesn’t have the physical presence, powerful running of Beto , but the potential is there.

….for £15m I’d hope that was the case although in our position we could’ve done with a player who could impact the first team.

….for £15m I’d hope that was the case although in our position we could’ve done with a player who could impact the first team.
Mate you’re negative on loans , you’re negative on Chermiti too 🙂 . I’ve never seen your £15 mill figure before , but there’s a good article on Chermiti in The Athletic, I’ve copied this ;
“ That search led them to Portugal and Youssef Chermiti, with the teenager joining from Sporting Lisbon for an initial fee of €12.5million (£10.7m; $13.6m) last summer. As with other deals done in that window, Everton took advantage of the Portuguese club’s need for sales to engineer a move in which the first payment was deferred until the next fiscal year.”

Mate you’re negative on loans , you’re negative on Chermiti too 🙂 . I’ve never seen your £15 mill figure before , but there’s a good article on Chermiti in The Athletic, I’ve copied this ;
“ That search led them to Portugal and Youssef Chermiti, with the teenager joining from Sporting Lisbon for an initial fee of €12.5million (£10.7m; $13.6m) last summer. As with other deals done in that window, Everton took advantage of the Portuguese club’s need for sales to engineer a move in which the first payment was deferred until the next fiscal year.”

….i just like to see a spark, one moment that makes me think we have a player on our hands. My concern is I haven’t seen that moment but I was encouraged by your report last night. I’d be chuffed if he’s the business.

i’m not against loans per se, I just think at Everton the very best Academy players tend to be wanted in the squad by the manager. I always think it’s a bad sign when the likes of Mills gets sent out.

….i just like to see a spark, one moment that makes me think we have a player on our hands. My concern is I haven’t seen that moment but I was encouraged by your report last night. I’d be chuffed if he’s the business.

i’m not against loans per se, I just think at Everton the very best Academy players tend to be wanted in the squad by the manager. I always think it’s a bad sign when the likes of Mills gets sent out.

Branthwaite got farmed out twice and he's now one of the best centre halves in the league IMO.

Branthwaite got farmed out twice and he's now one of the best centre halves in the league IMO.

….i did say at the time it was a decent move that I supported. I think it’s a bit different for Academy than young professionals who have been bought and already made their first team debuts. Coleman was similar. Saying that, there was an argument for Branthwaite playing here rather than PSV.

….i did say at the time it was a good move. I think it’s a bit different for Academy than young professionals who have been bought and already made their first team debuts. Coleman was similar. Saying that, there was an argument for Branthwaite playing here rather than PSV.

I mean he only made a handful of appearances for Carlisle in League 2 and was 17 when bought so not really any different to our academy lads getting EFL Cup games.