Everton Youth Teams Thread

Good recruiting from the Irish league.....

Sheff Utd are signing Sam Curtis from St Patrick's Athletic, Chelsea and City also interested. He will be in that team before end of the year ..

Absolute no brainer.....
I've never seen the boy play but if the best team he could get was Sheff U maybe its not as much of a no brainer as made out.

I've never seen the boy play but if the best team he could get was Sheff U maybe its not as much of a no brainer as made out.
I think he has gone there because he has probably been given a clear pathway to the first team, a number of the top 6 teams were linked to him and he isn't going to get that there tbh.

I think he has gone there because he has probably been given a clear pathway to the first team, a number of the top 6 teams were linked to him and he isn't going to get that there tbh.
Being linked means nothing though, agents create links all the time to drum up interest. The fact he has to go to Sheff United probably means the top clubs and the smart ones have looked at him and decided they either already have better or that he's not worth their time. Hes joining a team that is rock bottom of the prem and have a track record of not improving their youngsters. If that was his best offer for his development then alarm bells should be ringing.

Or hey maybe he really loves the steel city.

Being linked means nothing though, agents create links all the time to drum up interest. The fact he has to go to Sheff United probably means the top clubs and the smart ones have looked at him and decided they either already have better or that he's not worth their time. Hes joining a team that is rock bottom of the prem and have a track record of not improving their youngsters. If that was his best offer for his development then alarm bells should be ringing.

He has a much better chance of getting a game there than at a top 6 club, I really doubt it's anything more than that. He might turn out to be a load of rubbish but he has been rated highly for a while so we will see.

Think it's important now, more than ever, that we start seeing some shoots of hope coming from the youth setups. If a transfer ban becomes reality then we need to start thinking about who else we can promote.

There's absolutely no one ready or even close to it. If we get a transfer ban we will be knackered
Sadly spot on. The reality is that in 2023 we got around £63 mill for 4 youth products , and also lost Isaac Price. It may well be that this money from Academy products saved the club but we lost our best youngsters and some of them weren’t PL ready .
Of the remaining youngsters , I’d say the injured Stanley Mills is probably the closest for next season, strength , mobility and would fit into a Dyche plan coming off the bench.

I think sometimes with moves like these, the big big boys don't jump the gun to early and let someone else test drive the player.

They can afford the mark up if he is good enough

Alos, Sheffield United have been loaning players of Man City for a good couple of years now (a bit of an unwritten agreement, similar to Southampton)

There's absolutely no one ready or even close to it. If we get a transfer ban we will be knackered
Think Mills & Warrington would of made the bench a fair bit this season if they wern't out on loan. Similar to Dobbin!
Maybe Welch too, but we are nicely stacked for centre backs!

They could all have a part to play if we do get a transfer ban

Think Mills & Warrington would of made the bench a fair bit this season if they wern't out on loan. Similar to Dobbin!
Maybe Welch too, but we are nicely stacked for centre backs!

They could all have a part to play if we do get a transfer ban
They might have made a bench but so has Hunt, Campbell, Metcalfe and Andy Lonergan. That doesn't mean that they're ready. I wouldn't be surprised to see Warrington released at the end of the year.

I would've said Mills be ready had he not got injured but now it's just important he gets healthy rather than pin any sort of expectation on him