Everton vs Zenit St Petersburg 5/12/07 - 19:45

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am not committing myself to any type of admission. but, I appreciate the advice. *cough

this should be our toughest test so far in europe.
zenit, i think im right in saying , havent lost in there last 4 ties against english clubs.
imo it will be a very similar match to the metalist kharkiv game.

i think stubbs , baines , howard and yobo are doubtful for tonights match.
vaughan is also defo out.

id say the line up will be 4-1-4-1 (with cahill pushing forward to support the lone striker)

............wessels
neville jags lescott valente
............carsley
arteta osman cahill pienaar
...............yak

im guessing a 2-0 win to us and osman to score both.
the reason im going for osman is that i think zenit will be concentrating heavily on stopping cahill and arteta.this will give osman plenty of time and space to really give them a headache.

just a quick note about our 5 man midfeild.
the way its set up , the blend of players and the way it operates has been a work of managerial genius these past few weeks.
granted we may not have a lot of strength in depth in the midfeild , but those 5 players currently in the starting lineup suit the formation to a tee.

I like it when there manager looks down on our team, he obviously hasn't done his study on us, whenever the media and other manager looks down on us, we beat the hell out of there team!

Can't wait to watch the match tonight, it would be a enjoyable experience when our boys out to prove him wrong!

Just phoned up to check he wasn't fobbed off - I dont have much faith in the Everton box office and was told down the phone its a sell out.

[Poor language removed].

Main threat tonight will definitely be Arshavin.

He plays for Zenit?!? we should definitely try and sign him he looked the dog's bollocks against England in both ties.

2-1 to the mighty blues Cahill and AJ the scorers.

Status
Not open for further replies.