Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Anichebe ( 73rd Min Sub )

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • McFadden ( 85th Min Sub )

Votes: 1 3.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
What stood out in the game for me was that the defense (except for Yobo's 5 seconds) was outstanding. They took away all the angles and passed forward well.

Our midfield was pretty quiet and didn't maintain possession in the attacking third of the field.

We'll shake it off, get healthy, and take it out on our Ukrainian friends...

I saw the extended highlights on sky sports on saturday night ( it was free this weekend ), a draw would have been a fair result, neither side created much, all i can say is that we need a creative midfielder badly, someone to hold and thread passes to both wings, Grav does a decent job when he plays but age is against him now, that should be our priority in January, i know i've stated the obvious but it urgently needs fixing.

Having looked at replays of the goal, I don't really see poor defeinding - it was a perfectly timed change of direction and run by Vidic, a perfect delivery by Nani, and almost impossible to defend against. I thought we played reasonably well, except as stated by others, Arteta's reluctance to shoot.

We have played worse against ManU many times, and seldom better in recent memory.

Having looked at replays of the goal, I don't really see poor defeinding - it was a perfectly timed change of direction and run by Vidic, a perfect delivery by Nani, and almost impossible to defend against. I thought we played reasonably well, except as stated by others, Arteta's reluctance to shoot.

We have played worse against ManU many times, and seldom better in recent memory.

That was my thought.

It's not always poor defending when a goal is scored. Sometimes a player actually makes a good play and scores. In hindsight, all defenders look and see what they could have done differently to keep the ball out of the net but the reality was that Vidic got to it first and there you go.

Last edited:

After watching the live match on TV and then the highlights on EvertonTV, here's my few pence worth

Baines did great (getting better by the game) had ronaldo in his pocket throughout. Yak and AJ showed some promising signs together. Leon took his non-goal well but went a bit quiet. Thought our defence was pretty solid throughout. It was a bit frustrating when we resorted to the long ball for spells but also showed some nice touches at times in both halves. Man U looked like they had set up not to concede... and so did we. As quite often over the last year or so I would have liked to see us make a change a bit earlier when we got a bit bogged down in midfield.

Didn't think either side created many chances, but of those that there were I thought we maybe just edged it... but for some flaky reffing there would have been a few more chances for us too. Goal was gutting but one of those things. We did the same at Bolton the week before didnt we?

After watching the live match on TV and then the highlights on EvertonTV, here's my few pence worth

Baines did great (getting better by the game) had ronaldo in his pocket throughout. Yak and AJ showed some promising signs together. Leon took his non-goal well but went a bit quiet. Thought our defence was pretty solid throughout. It was a bit frustrating when we resorted to the long ball for spells but also showed some nice touches at times in both halves. Man U looked like they had set up not to concede... and so did we. As quite often over the last year or so I would have liked to see us make a change a bit earlier when we got a bit bogged down in midfield.

Didn't think either side created many chances, but of those that there were I thought we maybe just edged it... but for some flaky reffing there would have been a few more chances for us too. Goal was gutting but one of those things. We did the same at Bolton the week before didnt we?

Good analysis there and yes, we did the same thing to Bolton two weeks prior so we can hardly moan about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.