Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Anichebe ( 73rd Min Sub )

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • McFadden ( 85th Min Sub )

Votes: 1 3.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
We didn't deserve 3 points but should have gotten one and United's clever ploy to expose Hibbert at the near post put paid to that.However Moyes gaffed by bringing on Anichebe for Yakubu when it should have been the man in form Mcfadden for Johnson.One other goof, playing Osman from the start again was a big mistake.He is simply not strong enough for midfield.Referee's decision on the free kick immediately before the goal was a real bad one as both players had feet up and to book Pienaar as well was pathetic so that Scholes escaped completely from a 2nd.yellow.Everton's midfield lack of offence will continually let them down.
I agree about the central midfield it has to be one of either carsley or jags and pip at right back.

i voted for the 'wild man of goodison' wessels. an imressive debut and great that it looks like we can have faith in our number 2 as well as the number 1. richard wright is a distant dream! and i thought there was little he could do about the goal.

howard might be a bit nervous now he has seen the competition in action.

howdy all.

well what can i say ?

looking at just the result of a 1-0 loss to utd , then i suppose its not the end of the world and not that bad.

but , and its a big but , the performance from both sides wasnt worth the entrance fee .
utd were awful and produced one of there lowest standards for a fair while. which makes the defeat a bitter pill to swallow as they were there for the taking if it wasnt for the fact we played just as bad.

the game was just dire imo.ive seen better matches down my local park.

the game lacked creativity , composure , style and vision.
both sides were poor and fell to pieces in the final third.

i just couldnt see what either teams gameplan was !

joke of a premiership match , and deeply disapointed with evertons lack of ...well everything other than defending.(moyes really needs to work a lot more on attacking play on the training feild becouse currently i cant see anything productive going forward!)

waste of 3 points , waste of time , waste of money.

opportunity wasted , move on , regroup , play better next game.

howdy all.

well what can i say ?

looking at just the result of a 1-0 loss to utd , then i suppose its not the end of the world and not that bad.

but , and its a big but , the performance from both sides wasnt worth the entrance fee .
utd were awful and produced one of there lowest standards for a fair while. which makes the defeat a bitter pill to swallow as they were there for the taking if it wasnt for the fact we played just as bad.

the game was just dire imo.ive seen better matches down my local park.

the game lacked creativity , composure , style and vision.
both sides were poor and fell to pieces in the final third.

i just couldnt see what either teams gameplan was !

joke of a premiership match , and deeply disapointed with evertons lack of ...well everything other than defending.(moyes really needs to work a lot more on attacking play on the training feild becouse currently i cant see anything productive going forward!)

waste of 3 points , waste of time , waste of money.

opportunity wasted , move on , regroup , play better next game.

Ahhh!! I remember you from the old TW forums, Welcome back mate no doubt you'll post quality in this forum aswell. ;)

I think whaat Danny has listed on the top of this page is a very good arguement for Faddy. Leaving the guy on the bench after this week i one thing but bringing him on on the 85th minute is just plain ridiculous.

I think whaat Danny has listed on the top of this page is a very good arguement for Faddy. Leaving the guy on the bench after this week i one thing but bringing him on on the 85th minute is just plain ridiculous.

He should have been on instead of anichebe Anichebe and us play 3 strikers.

He should have been on instead of anichebe Anichebe and us play 3 strikers.
Hindsight is a great thing lads i have come to trust david moyes and last game out against bolton he got it spot on bringing on tommy and ossie to win us that game i think faddy is a hot and cold player right now we all think he is great for what he did for the jocks but how many times over the past few seasons have we seen him beat 2 players and run into a third while giving the ball away

faddys one of them strikers that if he isnt scoring goals, is rarely helping out in other ways, e.g defending or setting up plays.

But given AJ's lack of form, Anichebe's shortcomings, Yakubus questionable fitness and Faddys excellent form - Its time he got an extended run in the side - of three, four or five games to see what he can do.

And he should never play on the wing again. He is a striker or nothing.

He produced more chance of scoring in a five minute cameo than the entire team did in the other 85.

Hindsight is a great thing lads i have come to trust david moyes and last game out against bolton he got it spot on bringing on tommy and ossie to win us that game i think faddy is a hot and cold player right now we all think he is great for what he did for the jocks but how many times over the past few seasons have we seen him beat 2 players and run into a third while giving the ball away

You are absolutley 100% percent correct. Moyes knows better than all of us as that is his job, all we can do is speculate.

faddys one of them strikers that if he isnt scoring goals, is rarely helping out in other ways, e.g defending or setting up plays.

But given AJ's lack of form, Anichebe's shortcomings, Yakubus questionable fitness and Faddys excellent form - Its time he got an extended run in the side - of three, four or five games to see what he can do.

And he should never play on the wing again. He is a striker or nothing.

He produced more chance of scoring in a five minute cameo than the entire team did in the other 85.
At this point in the season i would,nt want to give faddy an extended run in the team i think its important to give aj and yakubu a run of 5 or 6 games barring injury to get their partnership going then if its not worked we will have cahill and vaughnie maybe back to add to the pot.

We didnt deserve to lose, but neither did we deserve to win imo, same with United.

Both teams deserved a share of the spoils, no one had that cutting edge.

Baines is immense, Jagielka looks good, Yobo and Lescott are brilliant together.

I thought Yak was unlucky on the critcism today, people said he was lazy this and that, hes fat, overweight, but id be [Poor language removed] off if it got hoofed to me whenever we got the ball.

We need someone in that centre mid to play it on the deck and thats where Gravesen should come in.

Chin up, we deserved the point, roll on Metalist, i cant wait now.

gutted with the result... we missed out again going foward with no attacking midfeild , personally thought arteta had his moments was better than ronaldo still got poor crossing needs to sort this out and fast... my man of the match was baines he was brilliant hes got such great control...
btw was grav in the squad??

I only saw the somewhat limited MOTD highlights, but even from that I didn't think they showed anything like the class you might expect from such a 'big' team.

What on earth was the ref thinking when Yak and AJ were through against 1 defender?! Yak was just about to bring the ball down when one of their players, think it was Ferdinand, lept in front of him and tried to handball it. He made a complete cock up and Yak was through. But the ref gave a free kick to United!! WTF?! Plus Scholes should have been sent off.

After watching the match I agree with my brothers assesment which he texted me at work after listening to the commentary..."United won 1-0, you were robbed. The ref was a right ****"

Ah well, we can take a bit of pride from the performance and bring on the Mentalists ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.