• Anichebe ( 73rd Min Sub )

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • McFadden ( 85th Min Sub )

Votes: 1 3.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
why is everyone voting baines.

didn't he [Poor language removed] up a load of free kicks failing to beat the first man.

i thought Lescott did OK in an otherwise poor home display that wasnt helped by a referee that refused to let the game flow.

Well I think the reason why he is not so candid with his McFadden selection is because in general he has been a bag of crap for Everton, apart from the odd wonder goal his general performances have not been legendary.

True.. but if you look at this season, he scored the equalizer against Blackburn, and have made dangerously close in other games as well. Heck, even in this game he had a dangerous shot even though he only got 5 mins. If he won't be given time when he's on form.. when will he get to play? I hope he gets to play from start on thursday or at least get substituted onto the pitch very early in the second half.. to give him time to find his game for his club as well.

Please remind me when we signed McFadden? If he was going to make a lasting impression he would have done it by now. Sorry, but I don't think he is the player - not often enough do we see his obvious talent.

Please remind me when we signed McFadden? If he was going to make a lasting impression he would have done it by now. Sorry, but I don't think he is the player - not often enough do we see his obvious talent.

Sorry Ghost but you have just admitted he has 'obvious talent' - which isn't argueable - see his record for Motherwell in a side that was relegated (19 goals from 34 starts) and Scotland (12 in 34 I think) for that.

Its about time hes given a chance to show his 'obvious talent' in his position.... upfront. The odd game here and there, more often than not on the wing is not good enough to judge a player.

'Not often enough do we see his obvious talent'. Its not often I lay the blame at the managers door for a players form but I am inclined to do so on this case.

Sorry Ghost but you have just admitted he has 'obvious talent' - which isn't argueable - see his record for Motherwell in a side that was relegated (19 goals from 34 starts) and Scotland (12 in 34 I think) for that.

Its about time hes given a chance to show his 'obvious talent' in his position.... upfront. The odd game here and there, more often than not on the wing is not good enough to judge a player.

'Not often enough do we see his obvious talent'. Its not often I lay the blame at the managers door for a players form but I am inclined to do so on this case.

If he is not performing in training, then he doesn't get the nod. When he does get the chance he performs well in about 40% of his games.

He does have talent and that is what annoys me, he doesn't perform to the same level that is required.

If he is not performing in training, then he doesn't get the nod. When he does get the chance he performs well in about 40% of his games.

He does have talent and that is what annoys me, he doesn't perform to the same level that is required.

I wouldn't be surprised if he wasn't playing well in training, his confidence at Everton must be shot. Since we have signed him he's never had a good run in the side - even when he's featured in the past and and done well, he hasn't ever been given a few successive games.

I think we should give him at least one chance and now is a good a time as any to say to a confident McFadden 'Go on lad, your starting the next few games upfront. Show us what you've got'

I wouldn't be surprised if he wasn't playing well in training, his confidence at Everton must be shot. Ever since we have signed him he's never had a run in the side - even when he has featured in the past and and does well, he doesn't ever seem to be allowed to have a few successive games.

Well when has he performed well and then been dropped?

Well when has he performed well and then been dropped?

I could go back to the Rooney days. I remember he had a really good performance, scoring.... the next game Rooney was available again and McFadden was again dropped.

But ok, 2 seasons ago I remember he scored against Plymouth. Next game against Middlesbrough he was dropped to the bench in favour of Beattie & Bent.

But moving onto more recently when my memory will be better. Last season he scored in a 4-0 win over Luton. Next game Arsenal. He was on the bench again.

Another time he scored in a 2-0 win at Reading while playing upfront (Anichebe was injured), the next game against Boro Anichebe was fit so again, McFadden was out on the wing again - but at least he got a game due to injuries - well, until he was brought off in a dull 0-0 game for VDM.

Then a few weeks later, he scores a last minute belter against Charlton. Next up West Ham, guess who was on the bench?

Most recently he came one of the bench and scored against Blackburn recently. Did he start the next game or even get brought on of the bench? - Most people were surprised. I Wasn't.

If I could be bothered checking am sure theres plenty more examples.

Fair enough, but I'm sure some of those occassions are due to fitness though.

Fact is we have to faith in the manager, he picks the side he thinks are going to win the game, I don't know a single manager who wins 100% of his games, so they are allowed a margin of error.

Perhaps Moyes feels Faddy is best coming off the bench, never saw Solsjkaer complain about it.

Fair enough, but I'm sure some of those occassions are due to fitness though.

Fact is we have to faith in the manager, he picks the side he thinks are going to win the game, I don't know a single manager who wins 100% of his games, so they are allowed a margin of error.

Perhaps Moyes feels Faddy is best coming off the bench, never saw Solsjkaer complain about it.

No Ghost. Not a single one was because of fitness. They were all due to other strikers coming back etc.

In fact, When McFadden has scored I dont think he has never started the next game. Now you have admitted he has 'obvious talent', maybe thats a possible reason why he hasn't shown his talent often enough?

today's game

We didn't deserve 3 points but should have gotten one and United's clever ploy to expose Hibbert at the near post put paid to that.However Moyes gaffed by bringing on Anichebe for Yakubu when it should have been the man in form Mcfadden for Johnson.One other goof, playing Osman from the start again was a big mistake.He is simply not strong enough for midfield.Referee's decision on the free kick immediately before the goal was a real bad one as both players had feet up and to book Pienaar as well was pathetic so that Scholes escaped completely from a 2nd.yellow.Everton's midfield lack of offence will continually let them down.

We didn't deserve 3 points but should have gotten one and United's clever ploy to expose Hibbert at the near post put paid to that.However Moyes gaffed by bringing on Anichebe for Yakubu when it should have been the man in form Mcfadden for Johnson.One other goof, playing Osman from the start again was a big mistake.He is simply not strong enough for midfield.Referee's decision on the free kick immediately before the goal was a real bad one as both players had feet up and to book Pienaar as well was pathetic so that Scholes escaped completely from a 2nd.yellow.Everton's midfield lack of offence will continually let them down.

Welcome Canada blue that now makes three of us Canadians here.

Status
Not open for further replies.