Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Anichebe ( 73rd Min Sub )

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • McFadden ( 85th Min Sub )

Votes: 1 3.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I really hope to see Yak doing the holdup work and Johnson getting on to the through balls and crosses and scoring instead of doing all the labour every game.

I'm predicting 2-2 unless the we won't play Timmy against Manure secret handshake still is on. Hopefully we'll throw alot of attacking players out there, VanDerSar is washed up , and ManU is giving up alot of goals lately.

I think we would definatly win if we had cahill :(...as son as he is back i think we could beat anyone...

I'm not so sure about that, its gonna be a tough call on where to play him now. He excells as the attacking midfielder, but we cant field arteta, osman/pienaar and cahill, it would leave only carsley or neville as the defending midfielders.

I'd expect to see us field a combatative midfield against Utd, is Stubbs fit now? If he is then I'd expect him to play too.

I think this one will be a straight 4-4-2. Ideally, I would like to see:

-------------Howard---------------
Neville----Yobo-Lescott-Baines-----
Arteta----Jagielka-Gravesen-Pienaar
---------------AJ-Yakubu----------

I think this one will be a straight 4-4-2. Ideally, I would like to see:

-------------Howard---------------
Neville----Yobo-Lescott-Baines-----
Arteta----Jagielka-Gravesen-Pienaar
---------------AJ-Yakubu----------

Yeah I'd go for that, except I'd swap Graveson for Carsley. I think we need more steel in the middle and Carsley up's his game against the big teams.

Keep Grav to come on if Arteta is marked out the game or if we go a goal down.

Yeah I'd go for that, except I'd swap Graveson for Carsley. I think we need more steel in the middle and Carsley up's his game against the big teams.

Keep Grav to come on if Arteta is marked out the game or if we go a goal down.

I think Arteta will definately be a marked man. Saw it in our last 2 games, they swarmed him whenever he had the ball.

Which is why I want Grav in there. He can play a decent ball in.

Yeah but for him to do that we need some players who can win the ball back. Neville, Carsley, Jagielka etc. So to do that we have to remove some of the creative/attacking players from midfield for defensive ones. Its either that or leave out the Pienaar/Osman position instead. Otherwise we'll be too light in midfield for a battle.

That is why I have Jags in the center as well. With two creative outlets, opponents can't afford to double up on Arteta, thusly allowing him more freedom to do his thing.

That is why I have Jags in the center as well. With two creative outlets, opponents can't afford to double up on Arteta, thusly allowing him more freedom to do his thing.

Yes but with Grav, Arteta, Pienaar, Jagielka, thats 3 creative 1 defensive, thats a little too weak for Utd, agreed that would look good against inferior opposition and I think we could take many teams apart with that, but as bad a start utd have had, lets not forget their one of the best teams in the world, so I just dont think we'll have the space if we dont field a bit more of a tough tackling midfield. Lets be honest, Grav, Arteta and Pienaar arnt tacklers.

I would not start with Grav in this game, his fitness is on the floor at the moment. The game on saturday was his 1st competitive game of the season- by all means give him some time from the bench just not from the start.

Yes but with Grav, Arteta, Pienaar, Jagielka, thats 3 creative 1 defensive, thats a little too weak for Utd, agreed that would look good against inferior opposition and I think we could take many teams apart with that, but as bad a start utd have had, lets not forget their one of the best teams in the world, so I just dont think we'll have the space if we dont field a bit more of a tough tackling midfield. Lets be honest, Grav, Arteta and Pienaar arnt tacklers.

I actually disagree with the Arteta not tackling part. he definitely does his fair share of defense and often is back there helping break up attacks even though he is more of a creative midfielder.

Status
Not open for further replies.