Everton v Crystal Palace. 21st Sep at 16.00.

Result?

• Everton

Votes: 286 83.9%
  • Palace

Votes: 32 9.4%
  • Draw

Votes: 23 6.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Call me old fashioned, but I think you either need two CBs and a RB and LF. Or 3 CBs and wing backs. You cannot play with 1 CB and a RB with other "defensive midfields" taking up the slack. Completely screws up your shape.

Palace did not beat us, we beat ourselves, they didn't play through us for a single goal, as Radiohead once said, you do it to yourself you do, and that's what takes the piss.

Yeah with Besic I'm thinking either Martinez or others at the club have taken a look at him and seen a massive liability, and whether he is or isn't, in a situation where we need to batten down the hatches he can't be risked.
I get the feeling Martinez doesn't trust him not to lose his head and get sent off

Disagree mate its happening way too many times this season for it to not be martinezs fault.

If you cock up you are bollocked and dropped, Jagielka has not been dropped once despite playing like Titus bramble all season and distin who has been just as bad has come back from injury and BAM straight back into the first team. Absolute joke

So Martinez has some sort of control over players making stupid errors on the pitch?

Distin came in at CB because Coleman was injured, Is Martinez at fault for injuries?

Its not the first time weve turned to water after a Howard howler. Hes ok generally but his inconsistency is very damaging, The defence gets the jitters enough sometimes without him acting Norman Wisdom for two goals and doesn't give confidence to the likes of Stones, especially with him playing out of position for starters. I also think Gibson should've come on earlier as he spreads it round quicker...Id have taken Osman off.

Think Martinez made a mistake playing Stones as full back with Atsu on his debut on the same side as Bolasie who gave Coleman such a hard time last season. Should have put a more experienced winger in front of Stones.

But otherwise we just were stupid again at the back & not clinical enough the other end - totally different game if Osman had scored that goal just before the equaliser.

Odd game - didn't expect 4-1 vs the Wolfsburg or 3-2 for Palace again.

Congrats to @Alan Whittle
We don't need to play a winger if/when stones is at RB , Naismith on the right would give the protection he needs

You can philosophise and explain away every little detail of every match, but the fact remains: rotation never works. Pick your best team and get the points on the board as early as possible.

What's the point of resting players for later, if you are just going to lose now? You might as well win now, and risk losing later.

Did Warnock instruct his lads to wait for our players to cock up?

They had 3 shots on target all game

We had 79% of the ball so I would say we controlled the game pretty well, We had plenty of chances to win the game

Fact is if certain players don't make stupid errors we win that game easily

Yay we won the passing game, hats off to the team.

No Warnock did not wait till we cocked up, he noticed that we were having far to much of the ball in the final third and changed it after about 20 mins and palace were on top of our players as soon we stood foot in their half; once they put the pressure on our player on the ball the rest of their team got back into line and formed a solid defensive unit

Sound like kopites going on about possession and chances; we got beat thats all that matters

Status
Not open for further replies.