Everton v Crystal Palace. 21st Sep at 16.00.

Result?

• Everton

Votes: 286 83.9%
  • Palace

Votes: 32 9.4%
  • Draw

Votes: 23 6.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
At least we have the worst defence in the league? Is that a positive? Imagine Sterling ruining down the wing and shooting and it taking a deflection off Distin and we are 1-0 down after 2 minutes.

yep...and probably a wise option
We won't win it with our weaknesses.

If Coleman is out we have no threat down the right and all our CBs and keeper are capable of self destructing.

The standard of the Europa League is too high and you need to be consistent because one mistake and you could be out.

The record speaks for itself. Distin and jagielka are done as a pair. As from the end of november last season (excluding games where alcaraz partnered stones)

Stones at CB: W 11 D 1 L 2
Distin and Jags paired: W 7 D 4 L 6

Why Martinez continues with Distin and Jags at CB is absolutely beyond me

For me our goalkeeper and defence gifted them two gifts of goals -
Then you have to look hard at RM substitutions - dumbfounded when stones who had their fast winger under control was taken off - Gibson on instead of McGreedy ? also Osman and Eto playing out of position on the wing Osman playing centre forward at times????? Osman and Eto had good games, but looked shattered - Astu had a mixed debut , but was just looking as he was on his game and he was subbed - Upset like any Blue but baffled conceded 13 goals already and we cannot cope with a long punt up field - Distan and Jags look awful together!
We are looking like Wigan more and more as the season progresses! RM has to look at our formations as we were all over the place when they equalised it was keystone cops stuff out there today!

So Martinez has some sort of control over players making stupid errors on the pitch?

Distin came in at CB because Coleman was injured, Is Martinez at fault for injuries?

Coleman took a knock to the head, for me he could have played it wasn't something that took him out of the wolfsburg game, stones should never have been moved from CB where we have looked at least somewhat okay the last 2 games before today.

He should have brought another CB and RB in the transfer window but never and we are paying for it

Absolutely nothing wrong with that side he picked today. We played some great football at times and should have got at the very worst a point. I don't even think Jags and Distin were anywhere near as bad as some folk are making out. Look at 3 absolute howlers to add to a whole bucket load of howlers this season and there lies the problem. Nothing to do with players past it or over playing, just basic simple cock ups have gifted them there 3 goals. Nice one Everton for cocking up my evening where I had plans to take the piss out my RS missus.

Howard made a mess of it, Campbell should be getting nowhere near scoring, pathetic keeping from Howard today, he had two massive brain fades, he's always got those mistakes in him, its why Utd got rid of him, top keeper one game, making howlers the next.

Have you seen the replay of it? Clear foul by Campbell, unless you've seen something I, the commentator and the replay missed.

Status
Not open for further replies.