Everton v Crystal Palace. 21st Sep at 16.00.

Result?

• Everton

Votes: 286 83.9%
  • Palace

Votes: 32 9.4%
  • Draw

Votes: 23 6.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Off today? He's been off all season. Passing poor, tracking poor, breaking up play poor.

He's out of form and its allowed teams to waltz through the midfield.

98% pass accuracy against Wolfsburg. Pretty decent lastminute clearing in the same game. Not all bad so far.

We can't afford to lose Stones from the middle though. Look far less shaky with him there.
Be as that may it wasn't Distin or Jags who cost us today. It was our senior pros in Howard and Osman making daft errors that were punished accordingly.

And yes, we are missing Ross Barkley a whole stonking lot. He is so incredibly important to us, and his injury was, and still is, an absolute disaster.

Hopefully we lose 4-0 to Liverpool again and all my kopite mates wind me up and say "no trophy for 20 years" and I laugh it off. I hope we get relegated and Martinez gets sacked, and then lets do a Fulham. YEESS EVERTON WE LOST AGAIN TO CRYSTAL PALACE 2-3. WE ARE AMAZING. YEEEEEEEEEEEES. I LOVE LOSING GAMES.

lizzy-nightmare-my-copycat.gif

Palace, like last year, knew how to beat us and they did it. Warnock set them to defend on the edge of the box, the first 20 mins we dominated and went 1 up, he seen this and pushed the pressure up to the half way line and everytime we got the ball they were on us in a flash.

Its ok playing this pissy pass football when your opponent if 50 yards away, but when they're on top of you we don't have the players to deal with it.

Totally different team to last year, its scary how easy we are opened up. I'll be amazed if we finish top 8

Did Warnock instruct his lads to wait for our players to cock up?

They had 3 shots on target all game

We had 79% of the ball so I would say we controlled the game pretty well, We had plenty of chances to win the game

Fact is if certain players don't make stupid errors we win that game easily

No Knee Jerking from my stance.

But the responsibility for our loss stands with Howard, and Martinez, two seasons on the run, Palace have came with a plan, and they stuck to it perfectly, why we cannot mark, or even track Bolasie is a mystery to me.

Why Howard has poor communication, i don't know, but in several instances today, Distin booted the ball into touch, when in reality Howard could have claimed. For the penalty, again Howards communication was lacking, and Stones tried to shield it off waiting for him to come, he never, and then went in rash, similar to Sunderland last season, lucky not to be sent off too, and subsequently miss the derby.

But my major gripe definitely stands with Martinez taking off a defender, and changing that by putting an untested holding midfielder in his place, Palace were onto it straight away, and for Bolasie's goal, it's solely McCarthy's fault, but he's out of his depth there, why was he there to begin with?

It's evident Mirallas isn't going to play on Tuesday, so why not start him, 3 games in 14 days is something a pro footballer should be able to handle for me, personally, not that Atsu had a particularly bad game by any instance.

Everyone can moan at Lukaku too, but at the end of the day, he's on the pitch to score goals, and he did that today, if he scores/assists in a goal a game until the end of the season, that's a contribution to 38 goals, and we'd all be made up with that, so i find it hard to criticise, when in reality, he's technically done his job, by scoring.

Either way, poor performance, means poor result, Palace turned up with a plan, and exposed us, not getting a second killed us, and any momentum from Wolfsburg has been lost sadly. Kids on Tuesday, Huge expectation on Saturday, lets hope for a big week.

Yeah with Besic I'm thinking either Martinez or others at the club have taken a look at him and seen a massive liability, and whether he is or isn't, in a situation where we need to batten down the hatches he can't be risked.
We hardly needed to batten down the hatches today. They barely had the ball, we just self destructed.

I just wish he was given a chance. He's this season's Deulofeu in the sense that Martinez refuses to play him early on.

Well, that was dreadful. Osman should never start again. His ball retention is awful, & has virtually no strength. The midfield were so terrified of the ball they'd hide behind palace players. Force us wide, double up, & we'd lose possession. Well done @Alan Whittle your team played exactly the same tactics as last year,& it worked again.
Martinez hang your head in shame, crap tactics, poor line up, mirallas on too late. It'll shut up the belters who think we'll stroll it at analfield.

so, weekend ruined/can't enjoy rest of day - check
next week ruined - check
want to think we can do better the next game but realise it's the derby -check
get stick off mates all week - check
bleach ready - check

Status
Not open for further replies.