Everton v Chelsea. 30th August at 17.30.

Who shall prevail?

• Everton!

Votes: 193 64.3%
  • Arsenal - cunningly disguised in Chelsea shirts !

Votes: 45 15.0%
  • Pipe down you beaut no one reads your [Poor language removed] previews anyway.

Votes: 62 20.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I've come to the conclusion that Jags and Distin will improve greatly and once we sure up things at the back we are going to batter some teams. Fitness levels looked better today but we got done by a better team with a combination of clinical finishing, poor defending and bad luck.

Its a horrible defeat but I'm trying to think of the positives, Naismith being the obvious one. We haven't become a terrible team over the course of the summer and I think we're just in a mini slump, we'll be smashing teams all over Europe and in the league soon enough.

Fire away.
I do think we're about to hit top gear and be even better than last season.

But, bloody hell, it stings so far.

I have no confidence in him, and while obviously I don't know what it's like in the room, it seems like the team doesn't either. Could just be my disappointment colouring my judgement though.
Agree with tbh, he doesn't have that fighting attitude to want to win, well he doesn't seem to show it anyway like a keane or slippy

Were we so good going forward because of brilliant attacking play or because we was so gung-ho and had no defensive shape whatsoever. Can't decide.

think we were so gun-ho because we were 2-0 down after 3 mins because of our captain. we were always chasing the game, at least we gave it a go against a multi-millionaire outfit - other teams wouldn't have bothered because they didn't want to be disgraced - teams who will have more expensive squads than ours i must add.

What. A. Game.

I have to say though, the Everton defence was appalling and against players like Costa, you're always going to be punished. But the Everton attack...sensational. Clinical stuff and Naismith always scores anytime I watch him especially against big teams, Everton's Thomas Muller :D

Approaching half time at 0-2 I thought to myself we need to take this on the chin today because it looked a certain defeat but would do so gladly if on the other hand we got through our Europa League group.

We are sure to get more lows this season than last but also we could get some tremendous highs particularly in the cup competitions.

Before we all start clambering for Stones, did anyone watch the pre season games?
He was absolute gash, worse than jags I promise you.
We need new faces, a leader who will kick arse out on the pitch, haven't got a clue who mind.

I've come to the conclusion that Jags and Distin will improve greatly and once we sure up things at the back we are going to batter some teams. Fitness levels looked better today but we got done by a better team with a combination of clinical finishing, poor defending and bad luck.

Its a horrible defeat but I'm trying to think of the positives, Naismith being the obvious one. We haven't become a terrible team over the course of the summer and I think we're just in a mini slump, we'll be smashing teams all over Europe and in the league soon enough.

Fire away.
360-ontario-black-bear.jpg

Thought we were better than Chelsea in all honesty, yet we lost 6-3, hows that happened, oh hang on, our defenders inability to defend happened, for the third game running.

Agree with the shout a few posts back, all our goals were great, Chelsea's were scrappy as apart from Costa's opener.

Status
Not open for further replies.