Everton v Chelsea. 30th August at 17.30.

Who shall prevail?

• Everton!

Votes: 193 64.3%
  • Arsenal - cunningly disguised in Chelsea shirts !

Votes: 45 15.0%
  • Pipe down you beaut no one reads your [Poor language removed] previews anyway.

Votes: 62 20.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I've come to the conclusion that Jags and Distin will improve greatly and once we sure up things at the back we are going to batter some teams. Fitness levels looked better today but we got done by a better team with a combination of clinical finishing, poor defending and bad luck.

Its a horrible defeat but I'm trying to think of the positives, Naismith being the obvious one. We haven't become a terrible team over the course of the summer and I think we're just in a mini slump, we'll be smashing teams all over Europe and in the league soon enough.

Fire away.

Am I the only one thinking McCarthy is looking gash. Jags and Distin are actually looking finished as players. I really don't know how our defence can be sorted as they are not very good.

We'll tighten up I'm sure of it. They'll work on it in training. Give it 4 weeks and we'll be solid again. Just hope our attacking play doesn't suffer.

Lille, Wolfsburg and Krasnodar are nowhere near as good as that Chelsea side is.

yeah, ha, the clue is ones in europe's elite competition and one's in it's secondary one. another team who is in the elite competition is the one we bossed for 85 mins last week and only threw it away due to fatigue.

chelsea will walk this league with the summer they've had, costa seems to be the real deal and the final piece - they'll be really competitive in the CL as well and have the best manager in the world.

lets not forget lads, we're still not 100% fit, our main striker is clearly half fit and will bang them in for fun when he is. chelsea won't concede 3 again all season

yes mate. but to state we'd concede 6 against brom is just stupid. One offside goal, balances out the Howard handball, fair enough.
but then two desperately unlucky deflections and a cock up by Besic and its 3-3. On another day we could have won it.
Not denying that there was some shocking defending there but we'll beat Brom without problems next week.
I never said we would concede 6.
Other teams will work out how to play us and irvine will know martinez,s weaknesses

I was actually impressed with alot of them today, let's face it we were missing Barkley, pienaar alongside atsu as an option of the bench.

All this for me stems from our crap pre season, jags putting 2 behind in 3 mins meant we had to take the fight to them non stop which meant Mccarthy getting forward also, that left us more exposed at the back and we got done.

Howard was awful, Jagielka disgraceful and distin not much better, everyone else did a good job imo

Yeah thought that. Briefly leaning on the tunnel wall, shithouse.

Game like this, he should be looking down the tunnel to his players, giving them the eye. Not leaning against the wall fannying with his hair.

He just didn't look up for it at all. Big time mate, he hasn't lead by example this season.

Stones and Distin had an understanding last season, which is what Martinez should go for against West Brom.

Yep our run was when they where playing together.

We dropped off the pace when Jags came back. Jag's form unfortunately doesn't look like a blip.

Half the players look absolutely shattered. Terrible pre season, no surprises we've ended up with the start we've had.

We've put 5 goals past top notch opposition in a few weeks, but we've also conceded 8 goals in that time.

That sums up what is happening really. We can create and score, but can we hell keep the ball out of the net. We'll drop so many points this season if that remains the case.

i didn't think distin was THAT bad tbh, he obviously wasn't great but jagielka was just so bad it made distin seem worse, we conceded 6 so you have to look at all the defence. howard was fairly poor bar the save from costa as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.