Everton v Chelsea. 30th August at 17.30.

Who shall prevail?

• Everton!

Votes: 193 64.3%
  • Arsenal - cunningly disguised in Chelsea shirts !

Votes: 45 15.0%
  • Pipe down you beaut no one reads your [Poor language removed] previews anyway.

Votes: 62 20.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I've come to the conclusion that Jags and Distin will improve greatly and once we sure up things at the back we are going to batter some teams. Fitness levels looked better today but we got done by a better team with a combination of clinical finishing, poor defending and bad luck.

Its a horrible defeat but I'm trying to think of the positives, Naismith being the obvious one. We haven't become a terrible team over the course of the summer and I think we're just in a mini slump, we'll be smashing teams all over Europe and in the league soon enough.

Fire away.
It's worse than I thought lads... Bungle is now talking sense...

Was Alcaraz on the bench? Surprised seeing he's just become a dad. Looks a lot slimmer this year, but quite rangy

I've come to the conclusion that Jags and Distin will improve greatly and once we sure up things at the back we are going to batter some teams. Fitness levels looked better today but we got done by a better team with a combination of clinical finishing, poor defending and bad luck.

Its a horrible defeat but I'm trying to think of the positives, Naismith being the obvious one. We haven't become a terrible team over the course of the summer and I think we're just in a mini slump, we'll be smashing teams all over Europe and in the league soon enough.

Fire away.

Good post.

Was happy with everyone today, apart from the centre backs. Plus, Baines' deliveries are getting worse by the way, absolutely crap.

That game provided graphic illustration of Jagielka's unsuitability to be the captain. He is not a leader...end of.

I have no confidence in him, and while obviously I don't know what it's like in the room, it seems like the team doesn't either. Could just be my disappointment colouring my judgement though.

Oh well on the positive, we scored 3 past the league champions, and hit the woodwork twice. Sort out the cb's and then we can begin to outscore teams, 10 goals in 3 haha

I am still in shock with how terrible the defending was then! Utter disgrace! We looked good going forward but you least have to be able to defend half decent. Absolutely fuming! We need a new CB by Monday. Jags needs dropping. Baines defending has been pretty bad as well. Can't get over how bad McCarthy was then, was awful! Just let Chelsea players walk past him

jags needs to be dropped for stones, agree, but we really could have done with besic earlier to help us out on their 4th and 5th goals, at least a fit player would've put up more of a fight to close them down
bang on. If you back off or don't get out to close the shot against players of this class it will be goals all day

At 3-2, I felt we would go on to win. We looked absolutely amazing going forward: so fast and inventive. If we can get our back sorted out, we could be a real force. That is a big "if."

But Besic. What on earth did he think he was doing? What a terrible way to introduce yourself to league?

I certainly think that our flaws are fixable in a very short space of time, but we must get on that now. I'm willing to believe the Bobby is on the case. If we can see it, a guy like that certainly can.

We looked awesome going forward, we ripped chelsea apart. mistakes all over the show at the back, cost us today, can't fault our attacking play though.

Status
Not open for further replies.