Confirmed Signing Everton Sign Wayne Rooney

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've said for ages we should get him in.

Unlike in January I now hold two slight reservations:

1/ Where does he play now? We seem to have a bit of congestion in personnel building up in behind a main striker (who I presume is still to come in)
2/ The price. It looks like another drunken sailor splurge if the rumours of an offer way north of £30M are anything like the truth.

the rumoured prices are 30-32m mate which in this market i'd say is cheap now bizarrely

as for the congestion, all i can say is that it seems we are trying to build a squad with enough depth to take on a 60 game season without us seeing the squad burn out from a high pressing style and to cope with inevitable injuries

Overall first time i can remember us building a squad capable of going in more than one tournament without having to sacrifice others.

I've said for ages we should get him in.

Unlike in January I now hold two slight reservations:

1/ Where does he play now? We seem to have a bit of congestion in personnel building up in behind a main striker (who I presume is still to come in)
2/ The price. It looks like another drunken sailor splurge if the rumours of an offer way north of £30M are anything like the truth.

I think it's a case of squad depth and whoever is in form will be playing
Price, 30-35m is exactly what he's worth to Swansea being their best player so if we want him that's what we've got to pay mate.

I think it would be another brilliant signing Dave and just leaves us to find a striker for another option/focal point

the rumoured prices are 30-32m mate which in this market i'd say is cheap now bizarrely

as for the congestion, all i can say is that it seems we are trying to build a squad with enough depth to take on a 60 game season without us seeing the squad burn out from a high pressing style and to cope with inevitable injuries

Overall first time i can remember us building a squad capable of going in more than one tournament without having to sacrifice others.

Out to win the damn lot!!!

Really not a fan of how we're bugging him up to look like a major coup for the club. Almost making him look bigger than the club even.

Stinks of the small fry
He's not bigger than the club...but he is bigger than the club, if you know what i mean.

Quite obviously he's done nothing for Everton and his exploits so far are a footnote in a grand organisation's history. However, he dwarfs us in global attention grabbing.

He's not bigger than the club...but he is bigger than the club, if you know what i mean.

Quite obviously he's done nothing for Everton and his exploits so far are a footnote in a grand organisation's history. However, he dwarfs us in global attention grabbing.

got some people cryin' ( tears of joy ) some people sighin' ( not happy) and Kopite brains fryin'

Everyone talking about Everton FC so if he sticks us back on the map in some people's minds it's all good for us isn't it Dave.

We'll see on the fee. I think Swansea will squeeze this for the last penny.

On position: I roughly see Rooney and Sigurdsson as players who'll take each others role too much and I dont see them playing together too often. That means one will be sitting out key games regularly and starting more early round EL games. Is that going to be a problem?

I bet Sigurdsson looking on must have thought: 'kin ell, I could have done without him tipping up'.

100-1 on bet365 for Rooney to finish PL top scorer. If he plays, stays fit, takes the free kicks and pens, then that's a pretty generous offer!

got some people cryin' ( tears of joy ) some people sighin' ( not happy) and Kopite brains fryin'

Everyone talking about Everton FC so if he sticks us back on the map in some people's minds it's all good for us isn't it Dave.
It's good I suppose. Although I;'m not that arsed about 'global brand recognition' blah blah blah. It's all a bit overplayed. I only care about such things in terms of first team squad dynamic and how that may be affected.

I suppose a big beast in the kingdom again is going to cause ripples...initially at least.

ahhh its a shame really... his legs are ancient, and you can say his vision is what makes him great, but you need legs to even supply that vision for 90 mins. Everyone forgets Wayne has been playing in the prem for 15 odd years. Most 31 year olds in the prem have spent 5-10 years at such a high physical level, and their legs are going... Williams, Jags etc. 15 Years of quality performances have taken their toll, and I think hes going to really embarrass himself in a blue shirt. I hope he proves me wrong, but it would be such a shame if thats how it plays out.

It's good I suppose. Although I;'m not that arsed about 'global brand recognition' blah blah blah. It's all a bit overplayed. I only care about such things in terms of first team squad dynamic and how that may be affected.

I suppose a big beast in the kingdom again is going to cause ripples...initially at least.

When there's no tickets left in our 60,000 megadome remember this conversation mate and who would have thought it that we would need an 85k arena due to our global brand domination lol

Status
Not open for further replies.