Confirmed Signing Everton Sign Wayne Rooney

Status
Not open for further replies.
Really not a fan of how we're bugging him up to look like a major coup for the club. Almost making him look bigger than the club even.

Stinks of the small fry

Yeah that's right, we absolutely reek of small fry this summer don't we. Bloody Fraudhad :rant:

"We" arent.

The rest of the football world is.

Like, in the middle of a Grand Prix, a Test Match, and the Tour de France, the BBC sport site lobbed 3 Rooney to Everton stories up, including a Live Reaction thing.

I reckon I have the script for Jim Whites first hour tomorrow as well.

which amusingly knocked the Lukaku story to a also ran one

Can't be bothered to read all 29 pages so apologies if it's already been said numerous times which I expect it has, but TBF he looks as trim as I've ever seen him especially at this early stage of pre-season.

At least he's looked after himself during the summer which bodes well.

Personally I am made up about this, others not so but every one entitled to their view.
When he went, the money was sorely needed by us, and he went to the mancs and he was a big part of their success which as much as we would have wanted, he would never have achieved if he had stayed with the blues.
Would he have gone to that mob across the park if they had been where united were at that time? ...i really don't think so, but he was destined to go somewhere that he could realise the talent that he had and he has done it.
Once a blue, always a blue (at heart), Wayne has come home, when he could have gone elsewhere and again personally I think it will benefit us as well as him.
There will be those that do not agree and they are perfectly entitled to their view, hopefully his influence on the team, his own performances and weighing in with goals will help to pacify those who oppose his return.
Bottom line is he wants to be here at Everton, let us support our great club and all those that want to be here to represent us.

Welcome home Wayne and good luck.

Despite everything some of our cynical fans might say.it will be pandemonium in goodison when he gets that 1st goal. We don't have enough moments like this so I'm more excited about this coming season than I have been for years. Even the pre season games are gonna be something to look forward to. Welcome back Wayne

Saw his first game for us away at Southampton, if we get a player anything like that one for a couple of seasons it will transform us...if....
Saw his first appearance at Wrexham in the league/capital/milk/cup , at 16, looked every bit the player he has gone on to be, Everton signing Englands leading goalscorer of all time, Everton signing Manchester United's leading goalscorer of all time,doesn't this make a difference from Everton sighing a Marcus Bent, Everton sign an over the hill Ginola, Everton sign an over the hill Gascoigne, Everton sign a completely underrated foreign player for a [Poor language removed] load of money who we loan out to Hull 3 months later???????. We need quality signings if we are going to progress, Rooney, Keane, Pickford, Klaassen, Sandro, all quality, good start, now lets make a real statement. Ronnie, go out and spend the Rom money on a Gylfi, Giroud, and a top quality centre back

Despite everything some of our cynical fans might say.it will be pandemonium in goodison when he gets that 1st goal. We don't have enough moments like this so I'm more excited about this coming season than I have been for years. Even the pre season games are gonna be something to look forward to. Welcome back Wayne

4th game of the season away at United is gonna be some atmosphere from both ends

Status
Not open for further replies.