Everton Named In Top 15 Most Valuable Brands In World Football

Status
Not open for further replies.
how long is the TV money guaranteed for anyway?

I mean it's obviously contracted for some time prior to renegotiation right ?

3 years

Here's a graphic of the rights packages over the years. Sustainable?

sport_TV_rights.svg

In all seriousness though, would we be guaranteed CL year in year out by just spending £100m?

I think the fact that there are 3 "shoe-ins" for CL football each year MC, MU (forget the Moyes year) and Chelsea, that leaves a 1 in 4 chance for the newly capitalised Everton, fighting it out with Arsenal, Liverpool, and Tottenham for the remaining CL place.

I fear that the "billionaire investor coming in to take us to the CL promised lands" era may just have passed us by. It's not inconceivable that that ship has sailed.

There aren't 3 'shoe-ins' though, and it makes absolutely no sense to forget the Moyes year – clubs get new managers in football. There's always going to be some kind of circumstance that you can take advantage of, especially now the gap is closing between the top clubs in England and the rest. It's not like anyone has a Ronaldo or a Suarez anymore, and that's unlikely to change for a while with the money flowing into Spain. The tough thing is to do it consistently, and I'd agree that's nigh-on impossible, but I don't think it's beyond the realms of possibility to compete with the big boys for a couple of seasons at a time.

There's more chance of a sale if were champions league contenders, as in qualifying the odd season and not just grasping for 4th. But wed be fools to seek to someone who doesn't care for the club itself and like many owners who took over English clubs, after the profit, like a mike Ashley figure.

itd take some amount of money to turn us into a title contender, look at the money the redshabite and spurs are spending. So all wed be is a slightly better version of the team we are now when were at our best, not run away titlists, that eras gone, Unless bill gates turned up decked out in royal blue.

an interesting question is how many of the current set up would still be there if the dream happened and we had a squad like Chelsea's?

If they were serious about selling they would get in a proven third party to go out and look for buyers.

Ive got visions of suntanand Bill rubbing every bottle and lantern they comes across in the hopes a genie pops out. Clueless

Our brand image is currently so strong potential buyers believe it cannot be improved and that there's no value in buying Everton at this peak

Er what?

The stadium issue would make the club more valuable.

A child could build stadium faster than these jokers @davek

In fact I wouldn't trust Elstone and Kenwright to build a lego stadium.

Their incompetence on the stadium is damaging the club.

If they were serious about selling they would get in a proven third party to go out and look for buyers.

Ive got visions of suntanand Bill rubbing every bottle and lantern they comes across in the hopes a genie pops out. Clueless

We had Keith Harris. Before his sad recent passing.

Status
Not open for further replies.