Elstone on Summer transfer/Everton Finance/Ground Move etc TV Debate! etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Im utterly convinced after visiting the majority of grounds in the Uk similar to the capacity we're talking at Kirkby and Evertons fan base, related to the performences on the pitch that the 6 mill figure above is conservetive. To quote one offical at a club i visited the stadium would survive without the club but the club wouldnt surive without the stadium - its all about the corporote facilites really that were the cream is.
Was this the Ricoh stadium by any chance? That was portrayed in the Echo as the model Everton should follow, after all...

Not for me - im all for it.

Though i take your point we only have an outline of figures at the moment and i wasnt that impressed with Bobs museings on naming rights, Goodison and Bellfeild - which lets face rely very much on council co-operation.

Im utterly convinced after visiting the majority of grounds in the Uk similar to the capacity we're talking at Kirkby and Evertons fan base, related to the performences on the pitch that the 6 mill figure above is conservetive.

It's a capped stadium. It cant go above 50,000 as it stands and even that capacity looks hopeful in light of the info we're geting about a downgraded capacity to get it past the Sec of State's decision.

To quote one offical at a club i visited the stadium would survive without the club but the club wouldnt surive without the stadium - its all about the corporote facilites really that were the cream is.

You're right, that's where the bulk of the identified extra revenue would have to come from. But the corporate facilities at Kirkby would be pathetic: 38 boxes compared with 11 at GP. Let's say each box earns £50,000 per season at a new facility...that's just about £4.5M more than we get now.

Still worth it?

Additionaly if Uefa get their way - its likely they may, clubs will be forced to use their revenue to fund their activites such as wages and tranfers rather then cash gifts from owners (i know) making increaseing revenue streams on an annual basis the only show in town for clubs like Everton.

Anyway theres a stadium thread so i wont go on.

That's not what they're proposing. They're looking for management of debt and that doesn't preclude big investment each transfer window as long as it's covered.

You're right, that's where the bulk of the identified extra revenue would have to come from. But the corporate facilities at Kirkby would be pathetic: 38 boxes compared with 11 at GP. Let's say each box earns £50,000 per season at a new facility...that's just about £4.5M more than we get now.
Yeah, even St. Mary's has more, nevermind places like WHL, which has about three times more boxes than Kirkby would have.

I think all of the stuff about what we spent on transfer fees this season is mildly interesting, but not the major point.

The figures suggest that we get £20 million a year from Goodison, while Arsenal get £40 million a year from their stadium.

Do we believe that we will get that kind of additional revenue? an extra £20 Million to spend on players each season, doesnt sound too bad does it?

IF it is true, surely moving is a "no brainer"??

The problem is, nobody in this ******* world can garantee we will have a sell out in every match.

Status
Not open for further replies.